BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

DTM=German Tourning Masters, but . . .

1229 Views 15 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Alex Baumann
is that referring to cars or drivers. What is DTM all about? Thanks for clarifying the mystery.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
I can't find the exact translation but the M is DTM isn't Masters (although the German word probably means masters).

DTM is basically a spec series. The rules require a certain number of cylinders and displacement, etc etc etc. Presently they run V8s.
DTM = Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters, called Meisterschaft too (Championship)

Here's the official website of DTM - lots of info. On the top left is the button for English. Have fun.

DTM
Why doesn't BMW enter the M3 GTR? :(
Alex Baumann said:
DTM = Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters, called Meisterschaft too (Championship)

Here's the official website of DTM - lots of info. On the top left is the button for English. Have fun.

DTM
You mean why no BMWs in DTM ?

The AG is concentrating on F1 at the moment. According to the AG, DTM Series is attracting limited number of spectators (only in Germany or maybe some neighbor countries) , where F1 is a worldwide happening and has millions of followers.

This topic has also been discussed at the german BMW board and majority of members are wanting to see BMW in the DTM. But this is definitely out of question right now.

Would be great, of course.
nate328Ci said:
Why doesn't BMW enter the M3 GTR? :(
I would like to see a few BMW teams as well. They already have the right car :thumb:

Alex Baumann said:


You mean why no BMWs in DTM ?

The AG is concentrating on F1 at the moment. According to the AG, DTM Series is attracting limited number of spectators (only in Germany or maybe some neighbor countries) , where F1 is a worldwide happening and has millions of followers.

This topic has also been discussed at the german BMW board and majority of members are wanting to see BMW in the DTM. But this is definitely out of question right now.

Would be great, of course.
BTW, each time I saw this picture, I wanted to know, what kind of rims on that car is.

It looks almost identical to the stock M3 rims, but I'm sure they are much lighter and different size, no ?
I believe some sort of BBS wheel that looks like the stock wheel

It is 18x11" :bigpimp:

Alex Baumann said:
BTW, each time I saw this picture, I wanted to know, what kind of rims on that car is.

It looks almost identical to the stock M3 rims, but I'm sure they are much lighter and different size, no ?
Re: Nate, do you have any more of such pix?

jag3er said:
I'd like to get some more backgrounds with the M3 GTR...
thanks in advance
Here are some good pics. There are many more, and you will be able to find some larger ones if you look....

http://bmwworld.com/media/wallpaper/m3_racer.htm
The PTG rims look exactly like the BBS CHs.


I think Schnitzer generally run OZ Racing rims, but I don't know that for sure.
ACS races at least 3 E46 320i BMWs in the FIA European Touring Car Championship - and they are getting killed in every race by the Alfa Romeo's (156). I watched rounds 5 and 6 last week on Eurosport, but it is a far cry from DTM.

These sedans even carry the "BMW Official Parts" logo on the side of the cars.

I am not really familar with the ETCC or what the rules are. Apparently, no engines over 2 liters, no AWD, but a lot of bashing into each other on the track!

Does any one know about this formula?

Patrick
nate328Ci said:
Why doesn't BMW enter the M3 GTR? :(
Asked and answered!

Here is the link to the ETCC:

http://www.eurostc.com/

Patrick
A picture from last week in Brno (CZE) of Jörg and Dirk Müller leading race #2 in their 320i :
I would guess that the tires and wheels in that second picture are worth more than my car ... :thumb:

Cool wheels!

Patrick
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top