BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I can't find the exact translation but the M is DTM isn't Masters (although the German word probably means masters).

DTM is basically a spec series. The rules require a certain number of cylinders and displacement, etc etc etc. Presently they run V8s.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
DTM = Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters, called Meisterschaft too (Championship)

Here's the official website of DTM - lots of info. On the top left is the button for English. Have fun.

DTM

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
nate328Ci said:
Why doesn't BMW enter the M3 GTR? :(
You mean why no BMWs in DTM ?

The AG is concentrating on F1 at the moment. According to the AG, DTM Series is attracting limited number of spectators (only in Germany or maybe some neighbor countries) , where F1 is a worldwide happening and has millions of followers.

This topic has also been discussed at the german BMW board and majority of members are wanting to see BMW in the DTM. But this is definitely out of question right now.

Would be great, of course.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

You mean why no BMWs in DTM ?

The AG is concentrating on F1 at the moment. According to the AG, DTM Series is attracting limited number of spectators (only in Germany or maybe some neighbor countries) , where F1 is a worldwide happening and has millions of followers.

This topic has also been discussed at the german BMW board and majority of members are wanting to see BMW in the DTM. But this is definitely out of question right now.

Would be great, of course.
I would like to see a few BMW teams as well. They already have the right car :thumb:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
BTW, each time I saw this picture, I wanted to know, what kind of rims on that car is.

It looks almost identical to the stock M3 rims, but I'm sure they are much lighter and different size, no ?

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
BTW, each time I saw this picture, I wanted to know, what kind of rims on that car is.

It looks almost identical to the stock M3 rims, but I'm sure they are much lighter and different size, no ?
I believe some sort of BBS wheel that looks like the stock wheel

It is 18x11" :bigpimp:

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
nate328Ci said:
Why doesn't BMW enter the M3 GTR? :(
ACS races at least 3 E46 320i BMWs in the FIA European Touring Car Championship - and they are getting killed in every race by the Alfa Romeo's (156). I watched rounds 5 and 6 last week on Eurosport, but it is a far cry from DTM.

These sedans even carry the "BMW Official Parts" logo on the side of the cars.

I am not really familar with the ETCC or what the rules are. Apparently, no engines over 2 liters, no AWD, but a lot of bashing into each other on the track!

Does any one know about this formula?

Patrick

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts