BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the passenger side air vents are blowing warmer air than the driver side even though both sides are set to the same temp. However, if I turn the temp settings to the coldest setting, both sides seem to sync up but if I turn the temp to 70 for example, the driver side will work normally but the passenger side will blow hot and stay that way.

Don't have a lot of experience with dual zone systems so I'm looking for a little guidance on where to start the diagnosis.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Noticed the passenger side air vents are blowing warmer air than the driver side even though both sides are set to the same temp. However, if I turn the temp settings to the coldest setting, both sides seem to sync up but if I turn the temp to 70 for example, the driver side will work normally but the passenger side will blow hot and stay that way.

Don't have a lot of experience with dual zone systems so I'm looking for a little guidance on where to start the diagnosis.
Read the owner's manual to ensure you haven't overlooked anything specific to your car, like the individual iDrive HVAC settings, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did that this morning, settings are all squared away. Is there a "common" issue with these systems? Like a temp sensor or a blend door actuator going wonky?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured I'd end up having codes pulled but hoped there'd be a more common issue that I could use as a jumping off point.
Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I figured I'd end up having codes pulled but hoped there'd be a more common issue that I could use as a jumping off point.
Appreciate the help!
I am not aware of any common issue to point you to for this one unfortunately

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced that valve last year. Heater works well when the iDrive and temp dials are set to hot, it's just when I turn the dials (and the iDrive settings) back to cooler temps, the passenger side either stays hot or will SLOWLY cool off but won't match the air temp coming out of the driver's side. Off to the indy next week for codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts