BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped it off on June 18, 2006, arrived in Newark on the mignon on July 11, 2006, released to BMW on July 17, 2006, then ................. WHERE IS MY CAR????:dunno:

I tracked it on the ship and thats it

Vessel: MIGNON Port of origin : BREMERHAVEN

Voyage : EA625-MIG Port of Destination : NEW YORK, NY

DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 11/07/2006 16:09
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 27/06/2006 15:19
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 24/06/2006 08:04
BOOKED BREMEN 20/06/2006 14:05

I call BMWNA and they blow me off everytime:thumbdwn: saying only my dealer can tell me where it is and my dealer is another jackass that is telling me my car will go to VPC on August 4, 2006??? What is that if I got info stating otherwise??????:mad: Anyone have any other links??? I called wagonneers and precision motor transport group and both can not locate my VIN #??? What do I do?:bawling: I'm in Miami....6 weeks 5 days and counting

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was on MIGNON too

Hi
My car was on EA-625 MIGNON, and I took redelivery on July 26, and I am in Tampa, FL.

I had a hard time tracking and getting straight answer, but my dealer was pretty good and kept me updated on a daily basis.

I even installed the rear bumper reflecter (little stripe reflector in place of body colored piece used in Asia and Europe), costing $11/piece.

Good luck and get your salesman to track it on a daily basis.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but my dealer doesn't have a clue. as of today 8/9/06, still no car, 7 weeks 3days y nada.

what is that rear bumper reflector you're talking about?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
Problem is, it goes from the VDC in NY/NJ to the VDC in Spartanburg and then gets trucked to your dealer. So there are multiple steps here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got word that it finally left NJ on 8/3/06 and its sitting in SC waiting to get trucked here but trucking company still has no paperwork. Any help? Please???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is a letter I wrote today explaining my situation?

To Whom It May Concern:

I ordered a ’06 BMW 650 Convertible for European Delivery on May 12, 2006. I picked up the car on June 9, 2006 in Munich and dropped it off on June 18, 2006. I was told that I would receive the car in less than 5 weeks being that the car would be delivered on the East coast (Miami). I am LIVID AND DISGUSTED at BMW and it’s Service. It is now over 8 weeks since I dropped off the car and I have talked with other BMW customers that received their car on the west coast who dropped off their vehicle after me. I have also spoken with another BMW customer who lives in Tampa (4 hour drive from Miami) that received his car on July 26,2006 and was on the same boat my car was on. Below you can see that I tracked my car from Europe to the port in Newark, NJ.

Cargo Status History

Cargo Id :
WBAEK13436CN79087

Booking Number :
DEEHH441766
Bill Number :
DE476046

Vessel:
MIGNON
Port of origin :
BREMERHAVEN

Voyage :
EA625-MIG
Port of Destination :
NEW YORK, NY

Priority :

Customer Ref. Nbr:

Status
Port
Time(dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm)

DISCHARGED
NEW YORK, NY
11/07/2006 16:09

LOADED ON VESSEL
BREMERHAVEN
27/06/2006 15:19

RECEIVED AT TERMINAL
BREMERHAVEN
24/06/2006 08:04

BOOKED
BREMEN
20/06/2006 14:05

WHERE ARE MY SAVINGS? I have since made 3 car payments for a car that I have yet to drive here. The car arrived in Newark on July 11, 2006. I spoke with a BMW representative a week later that informed me that my car was released to BMW and had already cleared customs on July 17. As I was told and read about, it usually takes 7-10 days at the VPC, it is then transported to South Carolina where it is then shipped to my dealer here in Pembroke Pines, Florida. I have called many different phone numbers to find out any status and no one has helped me. Even after being cordial with the General Manager at Holman BMW Lauderdale Imports I still had to become irate before he actually did some research to find the vehicle. Its like “pulling teeth.” I was later told by my dealer on August 4, 2006 that I would receive the vehicle on August 10, 2006. COINCIDENTALLY, the General Manager at Holman BMW Lauderdale Imports did not work on August 10, 2006, so as usual I had to wait even longer. So I called BMW European Delivery and was told that my car had been sitting in South Carolina because of a dead battery. WHAT??? So, I have been waiting all this time and wasted all this money to buy a “BMW?” I called again on August 11, 2006 and was chastised by the General Manager at Holman BMW Lauderdale Imports for calling at 5pm and for apparently not giving him ample time to find my car. Should he not be doing his job and calling me on August 10, 2006 when the car should have been here. Is he not the one who should be tracking my car?? I was not informed of any way of tracking the car myself. I did research on my own to find out where my car is.

I bought an $85,000 car and have nothing to show for it. I made 3 Payments and have nothing to show for it. I picked the 650 over a Mercedes CL55 and now I really wish I had not. What I want is some honesty and Monetary Restitution for my losses. I have lost potential buyers of my current vehicle and everyday that goes by I am losing on its resale value. For being a “Luxury Car Company” I see no luxury in waiting so long. I expect a response as soon as possible.

Capital Mortgage & Investment Services
Jaime A Higuera
President

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
futbol8424 said:
got my car today finally, Thank you very much
Any response from BMW?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I wonder why he got no respect

Who taught this guy to write a business letter? (obviously no one did, I suppose).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hooray for a safe re-delivery!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.