Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded my 540i 2001 exhaust and I could feel the power change as I hit the gas. I just want more now, I love the sound and kick. So I start looking into it and figured I would go a bit further and make it a duel. All the videos I looked at and research said I had to do away with the spare tire,how ever I have come to find out that this is not entirely true. If I said I was not excited It would be an bold face lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
^---without pics it didn't happen.

·
Registered
15,551 Posts
As in "dueling banjos?"

·
Under the lift arms
12,946 Posts
i once saw a guy who id a real m5 exhaust on a 540...

cut and welded the wheel well and all..

Its just such a bad idea

If you have ever looked at the m5 chasis.. ITS THE SAME THING for 2 exceptions... When they stamp the chasis they must have used a different mold on the rear cause the wheel well isnt there (which allows for the duel exhaust)

lol heres a good one

Im not trying to flame anyone or anything.. ITS just stupid... the car does not get a duel exhaust It wasn't made for it...

This is how the M5 for the e39 came

check out Eisenmann for some quality upgrades

20 year old cars dont need this kind of modification, They need the maintenance required to keep the car off a rollback
If you ever want to see 300,000 out of 25 year old classic

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Are your "duel"ing exhaust pipes going to compete with each other??? Sorry, could not resist.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I see this seems to be a tender subject for some. For the most part I am for leaving things as they are, now with that being said every one has there own vision and with upgrades comes changes. As JimLev said “ without pics it didn’t happen”, not saying that it won’t. This is a question to Joe-BMW “Really”?? Lastly with all do respect I have come to understand that older people just love everything to be original as possible while younger people are just looking to change things and make them interesting to them selves.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Ok, I see this seems to be a tender subject for some. For the most part I am for leaving things as they are, now with that being said every one has there own vision and with upgrades comes changes. As JimLev said “ without pics it didn’t happen”, not saying that it won’t. This is a question to Joe-BMW “Really”?? Lastly with all do respect I have come to understand that older people just love everything to be original as possible while younger people are just looking to change things and make them interesting to them selves.

Okay, okay...I'M SORRY!, I am just a bit of a grammar freak. I am assuming you got my sarcasm? But maybe you didn't and think I meant my joke literally? So, just in case, it's "dual" exhaust NOT "duel". Definitely don't want to give you the impression this is a hostile place. So again, I apologize.

Lastly, don't stereotype young and old. You don't know the age of the posters and just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they are old or young. I won't tell you my age, but I too would love a bad ass dual exhaust. I will follow your project.

Keep us posted and post some pics and video!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn auto types, lol.. I understand what you are saying and I wanted others opinion. As far as the age thing I mean nothing bye it. Thank you and will do.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Damn auto types, lol.. I understand what you are saying and I wanted others opinion. As far as the age thing I mean nothing bye it. Thank you and will do.

I know! I have been posting on forums for years (I’m old). I learned a lot of hard lessons and try to be respectful. So again, just being a wise ass earlier. (I can be a hot head though still at times, it’s an Italian/Boston thing)

Anyhow, welcome to this place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts