BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going thru some of the breakers trying to figure out why my front power outlet on the center console was not working. I had the car running listing to the radio and pulled the fuse next to the bad fuse to troubleshoot with. When I pulled the fuse, the radio went out. I put the fuse back and noticed no other dash items worked either. The nav display worked with the car data, but it had no data to show. Any ideas on a fix or reset.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I pulled one of the two cig. fuses in the glove box. It is the one on the right. I pulled it and everything went out. Only the main items work. No mph annolog or rpm, no warning lights, no dash lights, no radio. overhead cabin lights and individual overhead lights work, I need some help please. I did the most bus reset with power off and on.
Did not know which to do. PLEASE

· Registered
143 Posts
I pulled one of the two cig. fuses in the glove box. It is the one on the right. I pulled it and everything went out. Only the main items work. No mph annolog or rpm, no warning lights, no dash lights, no radio. overhead cabin lights and individual overhead lights work, I need some help please. I did the most bus reset with power off and on.
Did not know which to do. PLEASE
Are you sure you put the fuse back in the correct spot? If you areassure that you have, then I would start by disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery located on the right side of your trunk below the fuse box and under the jack tray. Leave it disconnected overnight if possible even though things may reset after 15-20 minutes. This may clear up your problem. If not then let me know. I'm sure you know this now, but never remove a fuse while the car is running. Hope this helps.

· Premium Member
1,313 Posts
yes, I have tripple checked my tripple checks. If I pull the battery terminal, will it have to be reprogramed?
No. Just time reset.

I pulled a fuse on my radio and it didn't come back on, my navi didn't work, ect. I did have the dash lights and overhead, just my radio was not working... I pulled all the fuses in the rear compartment and it did come back on.

My navi also didn't work untill I drove the car, I am guessing it re-aligned while driving.

Good luck

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For further info, it was the fuse 31 and 32 fuse I believe. The are both cig. lighter fuses. I pulled the 32 fuse from the glove box that caused the whole problem. I was going to put that 20a fuse into the slot 31 which is also a 20a fuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.