BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the Dunlap temporary spare size 155/90D18? If so, does it fit okay in the trough? Also, do you have to buy the jack and tools with the holder or do they come in a bag? I am picking up my x5 diesel this friday!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes-- for $ 469.00 Part # : E70 SPARE KIT

bavauto.com

fit my 2015 x5 d without issue.

get the set with foam tray and jack/tools - to install slice a small hole in that lower carpet use the provided screw and anchor to secure it to the existing nut (under carpet) its a factory fit and looks amazing.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Has anyone bought the Dunlap temporary spare size 155/90D18? If so, does it fit okay in the trough? Also, do you have to buy the jack and tools with the holder or do they come in a bag? I am picking up my x5 diesel this friday!
Instead of paying $469 do this:
1. Go to local BMW buy spare wheel, $116 with tax here in CO.
2. Buy Dunlop spare tire in Discount Tire for $132 (with tax in Colo. Springs).
3. Buy 4-8 tone bottle jack in Harbor Freight, $19-25.
4. Buy lug and breaker bar in Wal MArt, $20 at most.
In total: At worst $293.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hi
that is the spare to used, the jack kit is made nicely by BMW to fit nicely but of course you can use other BMW compatible jacks.

do check out:

http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Performance_Spare_Tire/BIM-SST-E70-KIT.html
(Fits F70 and the F15)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same jack over the years?

Does anyone know if this foam holder, jack, and tools are the same kit they have used for many years or just for 2015 forward?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts