BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some specks on the veiwfinder... I guess I should test to make sure the sensor is clean...

Anyone have any tips?

Leaving for my big trip in 2 days.

·
Empowered Consumer
4,042 Posts
Got some specks on the veiwfinder... I guess I should test to make sure the sensor is clean...

Anyone have any tips?

Go outside and take shots of a blue sky with aperture as small as possible (largest f stop). Any dust on your sensor will show up clear as day.

If it's cloudy, do it indoors with highest ISO possible and shoot a white wall.

Alex

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,481 Posts

Anyone have any tips?

Usually spots on the viewfinder are not indicative of problem. With the mirror in position, you are not exposing the sensor until you actuate the shutter...

Tip: Don't worry about it -- you have a new camera, right? I don't think you've pulled
the lens off very times yet, have you?

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually spots on the viewfinder are not indicative of problem. With the mirror in position, you are not exposing the sensor until you actuate the shutter...

Tip: Don't worry about it -- you have a new camera, right? I don't think you've pulled
the lens off very times yet, have you?
I have not swapped the lens out exept maybe 3-4 times. I have to test the sensor out to make sure it is clean, but at this point I dont think its on the sensor.

I will take Alex's suggestion and try the sky shot tomorrow or the white wall.

Thanks Alex and Jon.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Same thing here. Its only in the viewfinder, nothing on my pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts