BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There
Any body in the UK can suggest a audio repair company that can look into my unit as it’s not reading the DVD navigation disc
Based in the Rg17 area.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Michael
2,273 Posts
Did you buy a copy or an original disc (there are also two types of disc, one of which does not work)? There are some issues reading map updates that I remember when I had my car. At one point I had to stop at an earlier revision because I could never get it to run. This is due to the hardware revision of the DVD drive. Go back to an earlier map revision and check the drive still works before you go to the expense of going to an audio dealer. Again subject to the year of your model some have upgraded the CIC, you will find lots of advice on this on the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you buy a copy or an original disc (there are also two types of disc, one of which does not work)? There are some issues reading map updates that I remember when I had my car. At one point I had to stop at an earlier revision because I could never get it to run. This is due to the hardware revision of the DVD drive. Go back to an earlier map revision and check the drive still works before you go to the expense of going to an audio dealer. Again subject to the year of your model some have upgraded the CIC, you will find lots of advice on this on the forum.

It was working fine up to a few days after the car came back from being fixed.......am sure they had to remove the center consul to get to the steering module. Silly me didn’t say anything and left it ........don’t think I would of had much luck any way. Have run a dvd cleaner through but still no luck.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have this same issue. It just stopped one day and I ran a DVD cleaner yet nothing. It does read non-nav disks like one of music files. I've just left it for now and plan on doing a CIC retrofit instead of fixing it.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
OK what type of retrofit we talking that me be an idea

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app
CIC is a big and expensive job but worth it. It will replace your CCC (the main control system in the dash) and screen plus other components to the factory hard drive system used in 2010 models. Works great.

You will also see some available android devices like the AVINUSA that can replace the screen only and give you a lot of functionality. The seem like a good deal.

DO NOT DO THIS! I did and it was nothing but a waste of time and money. They crash and are more of a science project than a product. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts