BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw DW tv's auto motor und sport program this Sunday, and it featured the BMW dealership in Hamburg.

What interested me is that salespersons have to go through apprentiseship programs before they can actually sell cars. One guy commented, and I think it is actually correct, that a salesperson has to be like an actor and react according to how the customer behaves. They also interviewed a woman salesperson and she commented that there are still not that many women salespersons in Germany. So, she gets a lot of referrals because customers remember her.

Anyway, what a huge dealership! I wonder whether U.S. salespersons receive similar training.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Dave,

interesting topic. I had talked to my client advisor about this once. It's indeed a long way before you become a salesperson and you have to know your shit very well. It's also true that there a few woman salesperson (for instance, at my dealer there's none - at the HQ there are only two)

With the increasing sales BMW AG is training the staff more extensively. I have only positive experience at my dealer, excellent tech guys, excellent post-sale service. Every time after a visit at the dealer, I get a phone call from the Service Quality Department and I'm being asked a bunch of questions regarding the service :thumb:

I haven't seen the program, but I'm guessing it's the BMW Hamburg headquarters. This was the dealership where I got the Alpina for a test drive. (BMW Hamburg is in the 3rd place in the world in terms of yearly total sales)

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
DaveN323i said:
So, do I take that unlike here in the U.S., all dealerships in Germany are actually owned by the factory? (I think BMW Manhattan is the only one that is owned by NA).
The ones called 'Niederlassung' (subsidiary) are owned by BMW. There are some BMW dealers under contract but the AG has its own dealerships to 'feel the customer's pulse'.

There are 5 big BMW owned dealerships in Hamburg (one being a showroom only)

Here's a pic of the Hamburg HQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.