Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 500i and I need to swap out the Dynamic Drive Control Unit. A pdf says it's in the A-pillar area but I don't know exactly what that means. It's not below the passenger wheel well where some other components are. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It's not behind the glove department - all I see are fuses and a CD changer.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I have a 2006 500i and I need to swap out the Dynamic Drive Control Unit. A pdf says it's in the A-pillar area but I don't know exactly what that means. It's not below the passenger wheel well where some other components are. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It's not behind the glove department - all I see are fuses and a CD changer.
The A-pillar is the front pillar as you surmised but there is one on each side, so check on the driver's side.

Go to realoem.com and enter your VIN. You can then bring up exploded diagrams for your car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says passenger A-pillar but I can't imagine a 2.5 inch by 8 inch by 1 inch box in the pillar. Most of what should be in there is the air bag.

Haven't found a good diagram of the car yet. One showed it down by the passenger foot area but it was very iffy. Wasn't very clear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Passenger side below the compartment filter. Go to realoem.com and enter your vin and then search for e-box
It was a good guess but it's not in there. Some other modules. Maybe it IS in the Pillar - can't imagine they putting this in there next to an airbag?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed the A Pillar trim - just an airbag in there like I thought. I must be missing something here. This can't be this difficult to find a stinking module!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the A Pillar trim - just an airbag in there like I thought. I must be missing something here. This can't be this difficult to find a stinking module!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts