BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dynamic drive malfunction indicator light is on. Apparently, the non-hydraulic power steering was (CHF11S red label) instead of the green was used. The power steering was flushed and the correct fluid added. How do turn off the indicator light?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
19,361 Posts
The dynamic drive malfunction indicator light is on. Apparently, the non-hydraulic power steering was (CHF11S red label) instead of the green was used. The power steering was flushed and the correct fluid added. How do turn off the indicator light?
How would incorrect fluid be detected except by a damaged part's failure?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,096 Posts
what does your owners manual say?

what does www.newtis.info say?

Same mechanic that is screwing you over around the FRM thing?

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,550 Posts
As far as I know, there is no red label CHF11S - it is all green. Dexron ATF is generally (always?) red. If red fluid was in there, someone put in Dexron ATF. BMW power steering systems can take one or the other. The label on the reservoir says what type to use. If your system didn't have "dynamic drive", you could convert between the two types, but the system must be flushed and you cannot mix the fluids. Some BMW document I read says that CHF11S makes more noise in the system, but works better at cold temperatures. Since you have "dynamic drive", you must only use CHF11S. I can't say if that caused your problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts