Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,135 Posts
Hello everyone
Please I need help on Dynamic Drive problem it cause no power steering and active powersteering not working

Attached the test report
Please le me know what is need repair/ replace cannot solve by coding ***x1f615;

BMW E63 2005
Problems like this are caused from a weak battery below 12 volts. Try charging your battery to see if things will get better.

The ARS could be from low fluid in the reservoir, as it will trigger a fault. Check your fluid, as use CH-11s fluid if you need some, made by Pentosin. Found in most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot

you mean power steering fluid ?

I changed with original one from BMW dealer and same problem ......

the electrical garage want to check the electrical cables and asking for big amount and he not sure if he can solve this problem or not ....

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to travel around 3000 KM using the car, I don't know if I travel without repair this fault, it will be ok or not ?

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
Was the new battery registered to the car when it was replaced?
Check the voltages at the jump terminals to see what it shows both with the engine off and lights on, then with the engine running.
Also, depending on where you are there are recalls on the battery cables so could be worth checking with your local BMW dealer to see if this applies to you.
And lastly, yes, HerbP is talking about the power steering fluid :thumbup:, ARS is Active Roll Stabilization and the hydraulic motor within the active anti roll bars use this fluid.

A bit more info here
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e63-645ci-cou/wiring-functional-info/chassis-suspension/springing-damping/dynamic-drive/XrapJoa

·
Super Moderator
8,135 Posts
I want to travel around 3000 KM using the car, I don't know if I travel without repair this fault, it will be ok or not ?
Something does not make sense to me, does your power steering work while driving? I would not think you would want to make a trip without it. Have you by any chance replaced the alternator? Where are you getting your faults service report from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts