BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

dynamic xenon

854 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mausers
Hey,
Is there an option how to turn on or check if dynamic xenon are working?
I had bad SMC module (water damage I guess - green stuff+fust inside the module), also had error - adaptive headlight error in dash.
Bought new module, replaced, cleared errors, but lights dont turn when I turn wheel (tried in all combinations - auto lights, just on, with fog lights.. nothing).
Any ideas what to do or look for? There are no errors about light modules.
e61, 2005, 3.0d
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Probably needs to be coded
Look at your light control panel. If the little green light is blinking then an error have been detected an the lights will run in fail safe mode - meaning lowest setting for adjustment so that the lights don’t blinds other on coming cars. Could be multiple reasons for the why the light is blinking but the most common one in my experience is the ride level sensor. So if you have any codes then check and see if they are related to the lights working or not.
However it could also be coding as previously mentioned… best of luck.
No, green light is not blinking (was blinking with bad module), also errors are cleared and no new foults popped back.
Guessing it is coding problem then.
Look at your light control panel. If the little green light is blinking then an error have been detected an the lights will run in fail safe mode - meaning lowest setting for adjustment so that the lights don’t blinds other on coming cars. Could be multiple reasons for the why the light is blinking but the most common one in my experience is the ride level sensor. So if you have any codes then check and see if they are related to the lights working or not.
However it could also be coding as previously mentioned… best of luck.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.