BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tyler's Paw Paw
942 Posts
I believe the OP is talking about the middle part of the door panel, where the handle is set. But, I've been wrong before.

As evidence, I've been married twice ...

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Haha!

If he is talking about that, maybe the link may still help I don't know.

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
Same thing. Just use silicone gel if the middle part has come up.

If you're talking delamination of the vinyl from the door card, I've had that problem, too, and have not been able to satisfactorially fix it (then again, I'm a perfectionist). I'm taking the cards to an upholstery shop and they're going to do it for me. I don't have a quote on the price yet, though, sorry.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My Driver side door is doing the same thing... but when my passenger side door was in the beginning stages, I took some E6000 adhesive while it was still on the door, put it around the visible areas that were coming out from the door. Its held for 5 months without any problems.

Driver side is a little different though, the way the vinyl has been tucked around is also coming loose. I think I may need to see an upholstery shop for that one....

·
Registered
521 Posts
The how I fixed my inner card where the door handle is. Mine was due to the little plastic tabs that hold it in place braking. I just shot some Gorilla and shot it into where the tabs stuck through a little and then a bead around in the inner edge of the card. If your talking about the vinyle on the top of the card coming up and being exposed to where it can be seen by the window.

I took the Gorilla glue and layed a bead along the edge and then used painters tape to tightly pull the vinly back over the top and then let it drie for a few hours.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
What I did to fix mine was found bmw with nice inserts at junk yard and used rhino glue to glue them in...worked pretty good

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
b1mm3r what color is your car?

And what color is your interior?
not 100% sure what color code it is but its champagne with tan interior...but dash, door inserts and headliner are black

·
Hellawut??
14,551 Posts
check your drivers side strut tower for the color name pleasee

Its a cool color... and what color tan? it doesnt look like the normal tan

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts

its a cool color... And what color tan? It doesnt look like the normal tan
i will try to this evening...im not driving it today...its basically same color as car...ill take a interior pic too if its bright enuf outside...and thanks for the compliment

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts

Its a cool color... and what color tan? it doesnt look like the normal tan

Sent from my SCH-R880 using Bimmer App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts