BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I updated my car to F010-16-07-507 a few days ago with e-Sys and everything was fine. I remember that I re-did the SVT target afterwards just to check on things and everything was black - still got the SVTs. Now, today I decided to use Read ECUs instead of Read SVT actual out of curiosity to see whether anything would be different and... I ended up in weird-land. Got my SVT actual from Read ECUs OK , but when I calculated SVT target several ECUs - needed were displayed as needing updates because of... different HWELs (!). To top it off the TAL calculation then complained about missing bootloaders and swfls.

Even weirder: I realised something was not OK so I re-did the calculations this time using SVT actual instead of Read ECUs and... same thing. My guess is that e-Sys bugged out.

Before you ask - at all times I was using exactly the same i-step shipment and didn't update production date in FA.

Any ideas on what's going on here?

·
Super Moderator
7,073 Posts
I am not sure about why Read SVT and Read ECU is giving you different information. I assume you had update VCM and MSM selected when you flashed so changes were written.
But, I have gotten errors about missing BTLD and SWFL's that were present in my Psdzdata. I shut everything down and reconnected a couple hours later and there were no errors.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure about why Read SVT and Read ECU is giving you different information. I assume you had update VCM and MSM selected when you flashed so changes were written.
But, I have gotten errors about missing BTLD and SWFL's that were present in my Psdzdata. I shut everything down and reconnected a couple hours later and there were no errors.
Hmmm, actually SVT actual from Read ECU is OK, something weird happened afterwards when e-Sys was calculating the SVT target. OK, will try again from scratch.

(Yes, VCM/MSM were updated during the proper flash)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, tried fresh today and no problems - SVT Target is all black as expected (except for NAV and MEDIA which is expected). It looks like somehow e-Sys lost the selected SVT target i-step shipment even though it was still correct in the drop-down. Could be related to me using Read ECU, but the morale of the story is not to play around with other things while configuring the TAL calculation page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts