Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random one here, I've messaged Tokenmaster a few times now and not received any replies but is anyone able to help me out with a Pro version of E-Sys as opposed to the Premium Launcher as I code quite a few cars on a regular basis but have to wait to change chassis code.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

Just curious, with TM's Launcher Pro, was there a way to configure it so that you could have your families 3 BMW's separate details like CAF, SVT etc. in different directories like C:\Data, C:\Data\X1-F48 and C:\Data\328i-F30 and launch Launcher Pro and it will be looking at the details for that particular BMW.

I found by creating C:\Data, C:\Data\X1-F48 and C:\Data\328i-F30, I can accomplish what I require but I need to launch Launcher Pro and change the Data directory location in LP, then exit and launch LP again. This can also be done altering C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-sys\config\Esys.prpoperties file before launching LP.

I know you can configure LP for 4 Different Launch Modes, just not sure if you can configure each launch mode \Data\ directory location.

Other negative is you have to have 3 of the Data directories and they're each 4.24Gbs due to PSdZData directory.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,064 Posts
Hi,

Just curious, with TM's Launcher Pro, was there a way to configure it so that you could have your families 3 BMW's separate details like CAF, SVT etc. in different directories like C:\Data, C:\Data\X1-F48 and C:\Data\328i-F30 and launch Launcher Pro and it will be looking at the details for that particular BMW.

I found by creating C:\Data, C:\Data\X1-F48 and C:\Data\328i-F30, I can accomplish what I require but I need to launch Launcher Pro and change the Data directory location in LP, then exit and launch LP again. This can also be done altering C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-sys\config\Esys.prpoperties file before launching LP.

I know you can configure LP for 4 Different Launch Modes, just not sure if you can configure each launch mode \Data\ directory location.

Other negative is you have to have 3 of the Data directories and they're each 4.24Gbs due to PSdZData directory.

Cheerz :) :D ;)
No, it does not work that way. You can easily label your SVT and FA. E-sys defaults to C:\data\CAF when "Reading Coding Data" so you must move files before doing so with another car. You can always load caf from whatever directory in FDL-Editor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for quick response.

Yeh, I did that by placing the FA and SVT files in the same directory then selecting the BMW I wanted to code.

Not an ideal solution though, I created CAF-328i-F30 and CAF-X1-F48 directories and had shortcuts when I selected NEW>FDL that took me to the correct directory, but if I ever needed to "Read Coding Data" it obviously saved the .ncd file to the CAF directory.

I like things more straightforward than this, I would've have maybe 75 .ncd files in a single CAF directory unless I remembered to copy>replace files in the CAF directory for just a single BMW.

In think my current solution of having 3 .bat files to copy and overwrite the default esys.properties file, then launch LP, is more user friendly except that I require 3 C:\Data directories for obvious reasons.

Cheerz :) :D :)

No, it does not work that way. You can easily label your SVT and FA. E-sys defaults to C:\data\CAF when "Reading Coding Data" so you must move files before doing so with another car. You can always load caf from whatever directory in FDL-Editor.

·
Super Moderator
7,064 Posts
Hi,In think my current solution of having 3 .bat files to copy and overwrite the default esys.properties file, then launch LP, is more user friendly except that I require 3 C:\Data directories for obvious reasons.

Cheerz :) :D :)
Not sure how obvious it is. But, hope you are using symlinks for PSdZData at least.

With Pro, you can create different profiles.

I use one Data directory and just move cafd files after each vehicle session. I also date my SVT xml's because they change with software updates.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

Thanks, I need to create a symlink to a PSdData directory because at the moment I'd have at least 4, 3 for my BMW's and the other for ISTA-D/+.

Do all of the PSzData directories in e-Sys and ISTA-D/+ contain basically the same data?

I mean, if you have just the single PSzData FULL directory so you can update ECU firmware if required, could that directory then service e-Sys and ISTA-D/+?

What I've done and tested last night and works as expected, have the bulk of e-Sys files and all of the ISTA-D/+ files on a DATA partition D:\, I edited ediabas.ini to point to D:\xxx and have 3 .bat files that change esys.properties file located in C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\config directory.

I do the above as I use Acronis True Image to create partition imagefiles that I can restore every now and then if programs stop working 100%, this maybe after a WINDOWS UPDATE etc., like some have found with Windows 10 1809.

Cheerz :) :D :0

Not sure how obvious it is. But, hope you are using symlinks for PSdZData at least.

With Pro, you can create different profiles.

I use one Data directory and just move cafd files after each vehicle session. I also date my SVT xml's because they change with software updates.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

Got you. :thumbup:

I've used mklink to link my 3 separate BMW directories on D:\ and ISTA-D/+ \psdzdata\ directories to D:\data\psdzdata\.

My thinking was if I download the PSdZData_Full, I can use the same directory for normal e-Sys coding and updating the ECU firmware if required, I had to update firmware on my X4-F26 Kafas2 ECU some time back when I was installing SLI FSC.

Have I complicated things too much even though e-Sys and ISTA-D/+ works? :)

Cheerz:) :D ;)

PSdZData is pulled from ISTA+.

For Coding, all you need is PSdZData_lite. For programming, you need full.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anybody here who can help me?

I am using a activated Launcher Pro 3.0, it was working smooth past year. I have used both slots to activate an old laptop and a Macbook. When i decided to buy a new Windows laptop there was no possibility to delete the old activation or transfer it to my new laptop. I had to use dynamic activation for the new computer.

Since two days i am not able to use dynamic activation. Giving me a "internal 500 server error". Is Launcher Pro not supporting dynamic activation anymore? Is there a way to re-use my old activation slots?

Everybody knows TM is not responding, i asked him for help. No luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TM is still here! New Launcher update is availible. Installed and working smooth again. No more internal error.
I was installed new update 3.3 but can not activate.

pop up massage Verification Failed.Please try again later.

have to wait or something else???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts