BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
purchased an e30 325e. runs but need to install an aux fan to stop the overheating at idle and need a new hood. other than that it runs fine with about 175k miles. im new to the bmw scene and this is my first project car. purchased it for 450$ so have about 700$ to play around with. i am eager to swap and see the full potential of the car,however knowing the longjevity of the 3 series would it be worth it to swap so soon or are there more expensive modifications to the car (ie suspension) that would be worth doing first.
THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND I LITERALLY SIGNED UP AN HOUR AGO, though did not just ignore the site, i have searched around but had trouble finding a question like mine
If you have advice on how to improve the post please feel free to let me know

·
Powered by BMW
249 Posts
for the overheating at idle problem.u will also need a fan clutch,thats what i will be working on my E30 this afternoon

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Address all the mechanical issues it may have, when was the timing belt/water pump done last? How are your brakes, rotors, shocks, electrical components (do all your windows work?)... I would definately stick that $700 into making sure your car will last long enough to do a swap. Remember, with more power from your swap you'll want to increase the handling and braking as well!

While you're replacing those parts, you could upgrade instead of going OEM. Replace the brake pads with more aggressive parts, oem shocks with Bilstein sports/lowering springs, etc... Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
all good advice, i appreciate the warm welcome. as for the fan clutch that was my second question to the previous owners and they confirmed that one was already installed. the windows work and fortunately the previous owners knew what they were doing, saw some Vw's in the driveway. this is what they had recently done to the car...
Cleaned head
- valvestem seals
- head gasket
- water pump
- timing belt
- head bolts
- oil pan gasket
- valve cover gasket
-exhaust manifold gasket
-throttle body gasket
-intake manifold gasket
-injector gaskets
- coolant hoses
-spark plugs
-thermostat
-flushed radiator
-removed AC
the only problems that i could tell immediately were the hood(dented) and stripped interior(was planning on stripping it anyway. i will post pics tonight or tomorrow and thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.