BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Recently bought a 92. I know its an E30 with an M20 engine. Anyways, The AC is not working. The individual i bought it from said it worked, but needed to be re charged. I took it to get recharged and the mechanic said that it wouldn't take the charge. He said the recycle or circulating switch wouldn't open up and for me to run the AC for awhile and maybe it would open up. Is this true? Also, the car was converted over to 134 a couple years back, which makes recharging it a little cheaper than r12. Lastly... if this is a real problem, is it fixable at a decent price? I live in the Florida Keys and it is hard to find anyone who knows how to work on BMW's, anyone who is qualified that is. So, is it something i can replace myself. The fans blows fine, even when i turn the AC on, i can tell the compressor kicks on, the engine idles up a bit to handle the extra load. Please help!!! ITs hot, and i need AC! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I am lloking to convert my power top to manual, i cannot get the "rear lid" which house the top when it's stowed away for convertible use, to completely close or "latch down". If anyone has any suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it. Lastly, If anyone knows how to place an image beside their name, i'd love to get my car beside my name! Thanks an sorry for the multitude of requests.

Key West + No A/C = Lots of sweat

·
Registered
380 Posts
To add a pic on your signature....

Go to "User CP"(next to "FAQ") and click on Edit Signature

This is where you can insert an image.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts