Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Can anyone point me to the right direction to what I need as far as parts to do a automatic trans to manual. I have a 86 325e. I. Trying to do it as cheap as possible it's my daily and not trying to do anything crazy yet. I'm just tired of driving auto. Any help would be really helpful. 20181007_110128.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Bimmer buff
123 Posts
There's no such thing as a cheap manual swap. You'll need the tranny, pedal box, shifter and boot, shift linkage, driveshaft, and differential from the donor car. Then you'll need a new clutch kit, guibo, shift bushings, trans seals, rear main seal (optional but recommended), clutch switch, reverse switch and wiring, diff seals, and center support bearing. If you're able to find the used parts for $500-$750 you're getting a great deal. It'll likely run you $1200-1500 for everything you need from start to finish, unless you take shortcuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no such thing as a cheap manual swap. You'll need the tranny, pedal box, shifter and boot, shift linkage, driveshaft, and differential from the donor car. Then you'll need a new clutch kit, guibo, shift bushings, trans seals, rear main seal (optional but recommended), clutch switch, reverse switch and wiring, diff seals, and center support bearing. If you're able to find the used parts for $500-$750 you're getting a great deal. It'll likely run you $1200-1500 for everything you need from start to finish, unless you take shortcuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts