BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO for all you e30 fans that have always wanted a moonroof but dont like shelling out the 1200 for one. I have the solution.
MY BMW mechanic and i were tossing around ideas the other day and figured there had to be another vehicle with the same size moon roof.
It just so happened my dad just got a wrecked Saab in at his garage and the moonroof is the same size!!!!!!!!!
So my mechanic buddy is fitting it in his e28 right now, and i just ordered one off Ebay. PICS COMING SOON!

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
interesting. ive always thought about looking for an alternative but once you go removing it from a non-e30 it takes away the rare factor and ease of installation. but if he found one that has the nice pull shade and still fully functions in a motorized e30 system id go buyone :dunno:

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going for it over thanksgiving... or after my surgery in december we shall see... im also in the middle of a lift kit

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
in for the pictures. good luck w/ surgery.

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but they are the same size? the three holes arent the same.. thats what my buddy mentioned but there has to be a way... crap i already ordered it

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
but they are the same size? the three holes arent the same.. thats what my buddy mentioned but there has to be a way... crap i already ordered it
none of the part numbers match between the e30 and e28 roofs. e30's and e28's have different sunroof's.

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i lower my cars, i lift my trucks :)

im making this work now.. i already spent the money, i have a welder and a garage lol

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
i lower my cars, i lift my trucks :)

im making this work now.. i already spent the money, i have a welder and a garage lol
ill be awaiting the end result. im hoping it wont be a hack job to try and force it to fit. if it works id consider it depending on how saab mounts the glass to the mounts. ive heard a couple horror stories about the glass panels ripping off at high speeds due to them only bieng glued on.

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Junkyard... ebay... so my buddy says that the mechanism is the only thing we are going to have to mess with, the only way to attach it is going to be glue :/ so im calling the glass shop downtown and im going to see if they have any ideas...

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the glass cut at a local shop so it would fit ($110)
now i have to poly a new bracket to the bottom.. but its on hold because
1. my car decided it wont start :(
2. if i lean over i get a terrible nose bleed (due to my surgery)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts