BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Alot of money. The m70 was almost 5 liters, the s70/2 was a little over 6 liters. Nearly a quarter a inch of stroke, enough for a cut through at the bottom of the block, with the right crank. Bored quiet alot too. The heads are different, 4 valves per cylinder vs. the 2 in the m70. So double the amount of cam shafts as well. I'm not sure about fuel delivery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good so it's sort of possible I was thinking of buying an e32 and converting the engine and beating lamborghini's with a 20 year old bmw luxury sedan. I'm still going to try just so I can see the looks on their faces.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
7,416 Posts
Good so it's sort of possible I was thinking of buying an e32 and converting the engine and beating lamborghini's with a 20 year old bmw luxury sedan. I'm still going to try just so I can see the looks on their faces.
I think it is a great idea, but uh...you need a McLaren F1 to get that V12, you ain't gonna come close by modifying an E32 V12. Modding an E32 V12 will give better driveability than dropping in the F1 V12 though.

May sound like a stupid question but...there a lot of Lamborghini's in Wisconsin?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wouldn't consider trying to push it as far as they did, I would consider this though;

Boring it, seeing if you can find a performance cam, roller rockers, finding better valve springs, flow benching(this does help, more than you would every guess) and then forced induction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info josh7g that gives me some hope of breaking 200mph with this car. The car costs me 5 grand and hopefully these mods won't cost me more than 5 or 6, because this idea poped in my head when I read that the e32's engine was the same as the mclaren f1's but heavily modded. I've been saving for an 08-10 mustang gt but the bmw seems like a much better idea because my car would be one of a kind.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think the only way you will pass one of the Lambo's is if he forgot to put enough gas in it to make one complete lap. Can you understand realistic possibilities - there are none with an e32!!!!:thumbdwn:

·
2001 740i non sport
329 Posts
Seriously, if the engine is the exact engine which the f1 engine is built from, why wouldn't he be able to do the same thing or at least close to it?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, there are videos everywhere of the s65 Mercedes keeping up with aventadors in street races, fully loaded with passengers. It would take ALOT of TIME and MONEY. But it should be possible... Depends on limitations with the latte of the 2 requirements.

·
Registered
316 Posts
And another thing you need to think about, is that you will not get it exactly like they had that engine, but it will have crazy amounts of horsepower. Something most people overlook is gearing. With a whole lot of horsepower, you can turn the wheels with a faster rear end at least.

·
2001 740i non sport
329 Posts
All this engine swapping talk is exciting. But it seems like it's just way too much buck and not nearly enough bang. Was it always like this or did the new electronics in cars make these projects so expensive?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.