BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 01 330i and there is a strange puddle that builds up in the driver side, back seat floor, and only there.. this will happen in heavy rain even if the car is parked the whole time it rains... has anybody had a similar problem, i was told that my sunroof drains might be blocked, but i cant even find them in there!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
2002 330i - Silver
37 Posts
This just happened to mine two months ago. I finally figured it out. It is the weather seal that is behind the door panel. What happens is that the bottom comes apart and the water just runs right down it and into the floor board. I fixed mine in less than an hour. And if yours is broken beyond repair, you can get a replacement one at the dealership. But i just got a tube of weather stripping at Auto Zone and works perfect. Hope this helps you. If you need any other questions ill be happy to answer them. Thanks.

·
Noone Special
673 Posts
It is not that seal posted above. It is the vapor barrier behind the door panel like gabimmerman said. Easy fix, first get some "dum dum" from a parts store. Yes that is what every store and people call it. Remove your door panel. remove the vapor barrier very carefully because it will rip easily. remove the old dum dum from the door. line the new dum dum on the door. reapply the vapor barrier.

·
Registered
916 Posts
It is not that seal posted above. It is the vapor barrier behind the door panel like gabimmerman said. Easy fix, first get some "dum dum" from a parts store. Yes that is what every store and people call it. Remove your door panel. remove the vapor barrier very carefully because it will rip easily. remove the old dum dum from the door. line the new dum dum on the door. reapply the vapor barrier.
good info...
my 323i developed a leak in the back when the gasket under the antenna went out...but it ran down the rear upper brake light and dripped onto the seat.
fixed it with a rubber o-ring from an old anchor o-ring kit I have instead of the OEM gasket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts