BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

First of all, excuse any ignorance and poor grammar that may be contained in this thread, i'm kinda of a newbie bimmer and also not a native speaker.

Well, i've bought a E34 524td about three years ago with the intent of restore it and also make modifications, but things didn't went as expected and the car ended up rooting way in my garage.. a couple of years and a graduation in product design went by and i now intend on reviving the car as a project car with a 530d M57 swap, i've applied many of the knowlage i've acquired as a designer and made a complete dossier/document regarding the modification of the car, some 3d models and renders, and i've now got most of the project ready regarding asthetics. But i also intend on modyfing the car mecanics.. i was thinking 300hp (don't know it it is realistic) with the new engine.. but still be able to make a relatively good consumptions.. i also dreamed up a way to have two buttons on wich i could change between and economic drive mode and a performance oriented one.. i believe i would have to have two differente ECU's for that to happen..

Well i guess what i'm asking is.. wich mods/changes would you recomend in order to achieve my goal of having a 300hp car, making good consumptions, safely.
I'm also open to any kind of constructive criticism and suggestions.
Also, note that i will look at no expenses regarding this project, I've alredy got most of the money necessary to make it happen.

1.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Bad english here also. I'm from Romania. So there are a few swaps done right in Europe, even in Malaysia they put the engine with front frame from E39. The M51 gearbox will fit M57 engine, also engine mounts. That way u don't need to modify the drivetrain. The hard part is electronic management and cluster matching. E34 use a Differential sensor for speed sensor. The e39, e60, etc M57 cars will use a abs calculated speed for clusters and ECU. The easiest way is to swap from E38 3.0D, witch is front oil pan design. Have Fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. Thank you for the asnwer, was acctually thinking no one would reply. So, say i buy a 530d and swap every mechanical and electronic component from the 530d to the 524td, basically keeping only the E34's body. Would it be easier?
By the way, liked the idea of swaping the e38 3.0d, but they aren't very easy to come by in Portugal.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts