BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

i have 95 e34 with m50tub20 when i bought the car last year it smelled very rich, the smell is very strong that it enters the cabin so i started to search for a fix and visited too many shops with no luck,
the car runs smooth no idle issues ,no fault codes, it had an o2 sensor fault code but i replaced the sensor ,
i will try to provide every info you might need

i have changed the folowing:

injectors
spark plugs
o2 sensor
air filter
mas air flow sensor
valve cover gasket and many non related things with no luck at all , nothing changed.
air leaks checked and found 2 : fixed
i did a compression test , all cylinders are very good

note : i car has no catalytic converter it was removed before i bought it

the car has siemens ms40.1 003 ecu
so what i have missed ? please help .

could it be mas air flow sensor that causing this issue , i have heard that it might be working but not 100% efficient , is that possible ?

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
You say is smells rich in the cabin. Are you saying that you are smelling raw gas fumes? If so, perhaps you have a loose or cracked fuel line or a bad fuel pressure regulator. Either will allow the car to function normally, but you will smell an odor of gas. Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You say is smells rich in the cabin. Are you saying that you are smelling raw gas fumes? If so, perhaps you have a loose or cracked fuel line or a bad fuel pressure regulator. Either will allow the car to function normally, but you will smell an odor of gas. Might be worth looking into.
No raw fuel smell , the rich smell is comming from the exhaust its like carbon or somthing like that ,

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
With no catalytic converter you will smell raw fuel in the exhaust, that is why that item was mandated by EPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts