BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is looking for a manual transmission for his E30 locally and found a manual transmission out of an E34 that had an M20 engine. He wants to know if this is a direct swap or if it will even work in the first place.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
the transmission itself will work, but you will most likely need to find transmission crossmembers (wrong word?) and the shifter from an E30

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the transmission itself will work, but you will most likely need to find transmission crossmembers (wrong word?) and the shifter from an E30
so the shifter that is currently in the E30 will not work? did you mean to say find the shifter from an E34?

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
so the shifter that is currently in the E30 will not work? did you mean to say find the shifter from an E34?
sorry... i shouldnt have assumed this is for a manual conversion? is his car currently auto or manual? if it is currently auto and he wants manual, then he will need said parts. if it is currently manual, then you can use his current parts, and it will just be aa case of pulling the tranny from the E34

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry... i shouldnt have assumed this is for a manual conversion? is his car currently auto or manual? if it is currently auto and he wants manual, then he will need said parts. if it is currently manual, then you can use his current parts, and it will just be aa case of pulling the tranny from the E34
he has a manual already, so its just a straight swap?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts