BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I really need your help. I have a 10/1997 edition E36 316i 4dr. Recently, ny ABS light came on and I took it to the dealer. They told me the ABS ECU unit is bad and that it costs 850 Euros to replace. I have searched ample threads and have located different info which I have followed i.e. ordered new relays etc.

The real problem is that I have dismantled the dash in order to get to the ABS ECU unit (supposedly) located onder the dash on the passenger side, but can not find it. In addition, the fuse box where the 2 ABS related relays should be located are not there.

Can someone tell me if there is a possibility that no ABS ECU exists? If it does, am I looking at the wrong place.

Help... :(

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
This sort of thing should probably be dealt with by a BMW dealer, after all, it is messing around with a system vital to driving safety! It exists if you have a lit up ABS light, it's just you were probably looking around too low down. It is about the same dimensions as a car radio, only slimmer.

I just checked my Haines manual, and it is located behind the glove box on the doorside wall of the car above where the speaker unit is. You need to remove the glove box to gain access, I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts