BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all, my Name is Timo from The Nethelrands. I am working on my second Z3.
It is a 2000 automatic US Import with a M52TU25 engine.

I have done number of jobs, like replacing the worn steeringwheel, dying the seats, solving the play on the seat rails, stop the leaking from the windshieldrubber, replaced the thermostat, replaced the valve coverseal, and so on..

Unfortualy my airbag module broke down, it gave 1 faults among witch an internal fault.
I replaced it with another module. REALOeM with my VIN said that the module in my car should be 65.77.6908896, so i found one. Then i discoverd that the module in my car had the partnumber 65.77.8386192? so maybe it has been replaced in the past. Maybe due to the leaking windshieldrubber?

When I installed the ..896 module in the car, it showed less faultcodes, so it was reacting at the least. Clearing the faults gave result but only untill I switched the ignition off and on, then the codes where back again. also leaving the car disconnected from the battery for 10 minutes didn'nt help

I work with INPA, NCs expert. But this is all new to me.
I have managed to figure out how to download the FSW_PSW.TRC file from the module "ARB"and how to alter it, save it to FSW_PSW.MAN and put it back by NCS-expert.
Only thing, I am a bitt lost, in what changes i have to make to fix the problem.

Of coarse the easy way is to go to the dealer but i like to fix things, and most of the time i get it done. sometimes i just need help. Searching the web and this forum doesnt help me much.

If someone could get me started i would be more than thankfull.

In the attachemets,
- foto of my car
- faultcodes of INPA
- Content of my module FSW_PSW.TRC

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,728 Posts
When you replace modules you must program them to the car before they will work properly. It is very possible that your battery is very low on voltage, or has a bad cell. Once there is a bad cell in the battery, the airbag code usually want clear. I would search for ISTA+ to troubleshoot with as it is the new BMW platform.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car was fully charged and during coding connected to a charger.
I will look into ISTa+

With a little tinkering I got the system working better and are now down to only two faultcodes:
23 MRSA front right
22 MRSA front left

To my knowlege these are the side crashsensors under the seats.
They both look fine, no oxydation, clean contacts, cleaned them up and reinstalled them.
Sadly no effect on the faultcodes.

Of coarse it is possible they are both broken at the same time, but is it possible the coding is wrong?

Any help is appiciated to guide me in the right direction.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The car was fully charged and during coding connected to a charger.
I will look into ISTa+

With a little tinkering I got the system working better and are now down to only two faultcodes:
23 MRSA front right
22 MRSA front left

To my knowlege these are the side crashsensors under the seats.
They both look fine, no oxydation, clean contacts, cleaned them up and reinstalled them.
Sadly no effect on the faultcodes.

Of coarse it is possible they are both broken at the same time, but is it possible the coding is wrong?

Any help is appiciated to guide me in the right direction.

You need to code module to car.
You should update module and vin (to match car's vin) with winkfp, then code it with ncsexpert.

At least, code to default using ncsexpert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts