BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New to all of this, signed up to post this question actually.

I have a 98 E36 318i and i'm looking at putting angel eyes on it. However police are getting more harsh on angel eyes in recent times.

I was wondering whether it's possible to hook up the lights to a separate switch like fog lights or parking lights so that I can turn them on and off as pleased.

My car has a fog light switch but no fog lights as it has fog light deletes.

Would this make it possible to do this.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,153 Posts
Absolutely. The angel eyes are operated off a separate circuit. Just wire it to the fog light SWITCH (not the relay, or it will turn off the angel eyes when you turn on your high beams).

How do people with newer BMWs that came standard with angel eyes (or many of the other vehicles that now come with always-on lights) get by without violating the ridiculous anti-angel-eye law?

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,466 Posts
How do people with newer BMWs that came standard with angel eyes (or many of the other vehicles that now come with always-on lights) get by without violating the ridiculous anti-angel-eye law?
It's not an anti-angel eye law, it's a law against headlights that are not approved by the DOT. Newer cars with LED daytime running lights have all been certified by the DOT, but no such (angel eye) configuration existed for the E36.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutely. The angel eyes are operated off a separate circuit. Just wire it to the fog light SWITCH (not the relay, or it will turn off the angel eyes when you turn on your high beams).

Awesome i'll have to give it a shot and see where I go with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts