Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to bimmerfest today, I have a 95 318i 5 speed. I recently purchased this vehicle and today the climate controls starting acting up. The dial knobs still work, sort of. The vent direction is functional, the center temp knobs are working. The fan speed only works on high, and the A/C, Defroster, and recycle air buttons are all illuminated and will not change when pushed. I found several forums on these issues but couldn't quite gather what exactly I'm needing to do and couldn't find a combination of these problems together. If anyone can come aboard and help me repair this issue would be very appreciated!
Thanks guys

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,350 Posts
No, you're in the right forum.
The fan going on high speed only is because the final stage resistor has failed. As for the rest, it sounds like you have issues with the contacts in the various function switches.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Preciate the insight. So is the final stage resistor part of the manual climate control, or is this located somewhere else in the vehicle?

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,350 Posts
The final stage resistor is in the HVAC control panel in the dashboard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Ended up finding a fuse that was blown, which oddly fixed my inoperable A/C button and other push buttons. Replaced the blower resistor under dash and all speeds of blower motor are now working!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts