BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at numerous threads about E36 FSU replacement; some say it is on the driver's ide, others say the passenger side. If on the passenger side, some posts say you just have to remove two screws, take off the panel under the glove box and voila, there it is. Not so. I also tore apart the driver's side, pulled off the panel, took out the metal "shock can" and tried to pull off the air duct (held tight by a plastic rivet) and did not see a FSU.
So, where is the FSU on a '99 E36 coupe (323is)? Do I need to pull the glove box to find it? Or did they put it someplace super secret???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I actually used that thread for this project and got to the air duct, was able to pull it down (not all the way out) but do not recall seeing the FSU. Guess I'll try again next weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it done! There was a bundle of wires in the way that made it tough to get the old unit out but I used a long screwdriver to lever the bundle out of the way and voila!

However, that does not seem to have cured the problem. :(

Heater does not seem to sense temperature and I have to dial up both controls to 78, switch between auto and manual blower, etc. a few times and then the heat will come on. Sound like the central unit is shot? Other ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.