BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Kind of a new learner about cars so bare with me, and worth naming that im from sweden so i excuse any grammatical errors. But to the point:

i've been working on a problem for two weeks now without any solution, and i've been looking for answeres everywhere all över the net without any luck, so here i am :)

Anyway it all started when i changed my old volvo for this german imported 96- E36 323i coupe with inbetween 28k-36k miles (pixel error). It had around 25 owners and i knew it had been smashed around by kids. And i knew this car had a missfire issue when running hot, but only when i gave it more than 50% gas. But still worth the trade.

So one day when i was out running, i noticed that the oil temp was working for once (was always in the center no matter what). So i took it for a drive, but i did notice missfire just when i started the car, which never had happend before. but i didnt think much about it and drove of. Then just1-2 kilometers later the car died after i "drove" out of a roundabout. It just died when i had the clutch in and i had to role to the side of the road meanwhile the "check oil " lamp started to shine red. I tried to start it again without any luck.
later on i refurbish the 6 sparkplugs and cleaned up the sparkhouses. Filled her up with some oil and tried to start again without any luck.
Then i put one sparkplug with the coil outside the engine against thechassi as the negitve pole. and i did see sparks. (i did this twice)
So i thought it was a fuel issue. so i tested to switch the fuel pump relay to one other that had the same numbre, and the engine ran! but just for 15 secs, then died again and didnt wanna start. so at that point i jumped two cables to overcome the relay without any luck.
Later on i pressed the pressure port at the injector rail, and no fuel came out. So i started to tare up the backseat cover to check the pump. so i jumped the relay again, took up the pump from the gas tank and i hooked up the 12v connector to the pump and it squirted all over me. (lol) so it isnt a pump issue.
Later on i changed the fuel filter with hope that it would work, but it didnt.
So here i am begging for help :/

Would love some tips :D
thank you
//Niclas

·
Registered
12,435 Posts
welcome to the fest. :thumbup:

first things first, check fuel pressure with a gauge. otherwise you are going to be guessing, and that can become quite expensive.

it's also a lot easier than checking the fuel pump out of the chassis, and safer, too....:eeps:

df

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the fest. :thumbup:

first things first, check fuel pressure with a gauge. otherwise you are going to be guessing, and that can become quite expensive.

it's also a lot easier than checking the fuel pump out of the chassis, and safer, too....:eeps:

df
Thank you :)

I do not have those expensive equipment, buit i did try something else tday.

I took up the pump (again) and tested it without any issues. then i disconected the hose at the filter. So it this pont i jumped the relay to see if there was any fuel coming out under the car at the filter, but it didnt!
So i stook a small long screw driver into the hose at the pump and i hit a plug or something in the way...? just like 12 centimeters in the hose there was something blocking the fuel. i tried with a uzipped zip tie (lol) so see if it was a 90 degree cap or so, but it just got bended.
i also tried to blow through the pipe without any luck. literally nothing ame through.

So is there a back valve thats blocking the air that im blowing or what the hell is going on?

Im might just buy a ***** new hose to the filter so i dont have to face this shiet again.

anyway do you have any idea what im getting stuck at?

thank you
//niclas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts