BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day All!

I've searched around on the net and on our forums here and haven't been able to find a great deal on this topic.

How does our E36's (mine is a 318i...starting small!) rate for their handling overall?

And how are you supposed to 'test' the handling of your car, and when you do, what are you looking/feeling for?

Cheers,
Alex =]

·
Somebody stop me....
3,696 Posts
BMW's are known for their exceptional handling, and is probably a big part in the reason that we all love our cars

Take that b!tch to an empty parking lot and see how fast you can turn without spinning out

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,474 Posts
And how are you supposed to 'test' the handling of your car, and when you do, what are you looking/feeling for?
Answer: Find an interesting bit of road, then drive different cars on the same path and compare their road manners.

Since I typically drive like an old man in the city, I didn't discover the limits of my E36 until I pushed it very hard up a demanding mountain road (signature photo below was taken when I got to the top :).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
yes the twisties are the way. Just don't kill yourself please. Try pushing your car a few more miles over then what you would normally do around the corner you will be taking and feel the response and how well it holds to the ground "with decent tires and all , obviously". after that stop the car, pull up e brake, get out of car, hug and rub the car and whisper sweet nothings into the kidney grilles, caress her headlights and hop back in to head home.

·
henri
284 Posts
It's a 318 so you won't be burning any rubber.. If at all possible, make sure that your car is properly aligned as well. I took mine in 2 weeks ago when I had a brand new steering rack fitted to it and a proper alignment makes a world of difference to it. If your car has not been aligned for ages, it might not be as quick or as good around the corners as it would normally be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.