BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or are the back doors incredibly hard to shut on e36's? When people are riding in my car and they go to shut the door it stops right before it closes all the way. You have to slam it to get it to shut! It's like somethings intentionally slowing the door down or something... I'm wondering why? :dunno:

Also, when I go to brake my steering wheel starts to pull to the right. I just changed my brake pads so I'm not sure why this is happening... :dunno:

any info would be great :thumbup:

thanks,
ray

·
Registered
346 Posts
defex said:
Is it just me or are the back doors incredibly hard to shut on e36's? When people are riding in my car and they go to shut the door it stops right before it closes all the way. You have to slam it to get it to shut! It's like somethings intentionally slowing the door down or something... I'm wondering why? :dunno:

Also, when I go to brake my steering wheel starts to pull to the right. I just changed my brake pads so I'm not sure why this is happening... :dunno:

any info would be great :thumbup:

thanks,
ray
Not too sure about the door question. One thing I can think of, does any one of the windows go down slightly when you open one any one of the door? If not, Comfort Control Module (so I heard from my Auto-Electrician) maybe need reseting.

As for the pulling to one side when breaking, check tyre pressure first. Check for uneven wear on tyre (alinment). Otherwise, the car could have serious accident, the chassic is not straighten up properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
try these

i went to my bmw dealer about the pulling to the right i changed the disc on my and it sorted it out and the tracking as for the doors i belive it,s what they call anti slam rubber seal there is a padding inside them hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.