Bimmerfest BMW banner

381 - 400 of 423 Posts

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
My favorite is that how all magazines with a capacity over ten rounds is illegal. including ones already owned. So if you happen to have purchased (perfectly legally) an older high capacity mag, you are now a criminal.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
Here's the link I read.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
My favorite is that how all magazines with a capacity over ten rounds is illegal. including ones already owned. So if you happen to have purchased (perfectly legally) an older high capacity mag, you are now a criminal.

I may know of some unnamed people with grandfathered 15rd mags that suddenly would become contraband and turn their owners to criminals. Stupid law.

Here's the link I read.
Same article as earlier just different site. Some crazy bills on there for sure.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
Yea I really hope someone sane along the pathway stops this. We also need to get the folks behind this to leave their district every now and then and get some perspective. Maybe a long hike in Yosemite? Rattlesnakes and bears are enough to want more than 10 rounds in a magazine....

·
Ragtopper
112 Posts
Happy to live in Texas.

The castle law applies to property not just to the house or garage here.

We had a case here in San Antonio where a home owner and his son hid on top of their garage and waited for a repeated and repeatedly warned car vandal who got shot.

Seems fair to me.

Don't vandalize people's property.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Yea I really hope someone sane along the pathway stops this. We also need to get the folks behind this to leave their district every now and then and get some perspective. Maybe a long hike in Yosemite? Rattlesnakes and bears are enough to want more than 10 rounds in a magazine....
Living in a shady area is enough to want more than 10 rounds

·
Poet of Signature Quotes
1,976 Posts
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1370129519.801560.jpg just going to leave this here

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Ready, Aim, Equality
RETAIL | TEXAS, USA | BIGOTRY, TOP
(Note: I work in the firearms department and am female.)

Me: “Hi! Thank you for call—”

Male Caller
: “I told them to get me firearms, d*** it!”

Me: “This is the firearms department. How may I—”

Male Caller: “FIREARMS. FI-URRR-A-HARMS! Ain’t no women in guns. Mens the
only ones who can know anything ’bout my situation!”

(Unfortunately, I have become used to this and hand the phone to a nearby male coworker.)

Coworker: “Yes, sir…uh huh…well, sir for that situation you would have to talk to our ATF compliance associate. Okay…I won’t put you on hold…they are standing right here.”

(My coworker hands the phone back to me.)

Me:
“Hi, ATF Compliance!”

Male Caller
: *click*
http://notalwaysright.com/ready-aim-equality/18793

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #389

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
Another NAR entry about guns, though, this one is funny.

·
Registered
12,708 Posts
Got to play with the BeamHit 190 system this week during the slow periods at the conference I was at. One of our manufacturers reps is also repping for BeamHit so we had one of these systems in our display booth.
It's a great way to practice technique without having to expend rounds at the range. The laser device inserts into your weapon and is triggered by the hammer strike shock to fire off a laser pulse which is sensed on the face of the target. Any flaws you have with live fire show up dry firing with this system.

·
Back in the game
1,629 Posts
Woo! First major .22lr find of 2013! I got to the store right when they opened and found a 2000 round pack of m22.

Let there be plinking!

·
Registered
12,708 Posts
Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Caliber Pistol !

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship with an "itsy bitsy shooter" (The 25 cal. Beretta Jetfire) by a woman facing a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself?

The 25 cal. Beretta Jetfire:

This is her story:
While out hiking in Alberta with my husband, we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere.
She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive.
If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!
Just one shot to my husband's knee cap was all it took.
The bear got him and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.
It's one of the best pistols in my collection.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,218 Posts
:bustingup

Sent from my MB860 using BimmerApp mobile app

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Heh, cute. Reminds me of the two guys in the woods running from the bear.... "I don't have to run faster than the bear, I just have to run faster than you!"

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

·
Resident Jack-Ass
35 Posts
I've been lucky as hell to have an uncle who owns a store and range, so I've been able to be trained and shoot my whole life. I've had everything from shotguns and rifles when younger to every type of gun since I got my class a ltc, as well as getting my license to buy/sell when I started working for him. We have even had and shot cannons, tommy guns, ltl devices, gatling replicas, etc. Pawn Stars hasn't seen anything! HaHa. I currently own the following, they are essentially the guns I've come to love and own as my "dream" collection, or my top 10... I feel bad for any would-be burglars that enter with my wife and/or I home...

1. M1911
2. Remington 700PSS
3. Ak47 (1955 type 3)
4 Mauser K98
5. Preban Select fire ar15 lower receiver, m4 full "replica", all m4 specific parts including a m4 carbine barrel (14.5") w/ permanent attached flash suppressor (for 16" legality)
6.Sig P226
7 Smith and Wesson .357
8. Glock 29 (10mm)
9. Ruger 10/22 Stainless with folding Stock.and redglo sight (Full Custom)
10. Preban AR-15

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,218 Posts
I've never understood the reasoning behind putting a short barrel on a rifle and have to add a suppressor/flash hider to make legal length. You lose velocity with the short tube unless you load specifically for that barrel length by using a faster-burning powder, and you gain nothing in handling. :dunno:

·
Registered
12,382 Posts
Living in a shady area is enough to want more than 10 rounds

why would you need a gun to protect yourself from lots of trees???:dunno::dunno:

Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Caliber Pistol !

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship with an "itsy bitsy shooter" (The 25 cal. Beretta Jetfire) by a woman facing a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself?

The 25 cal. Beretta Jetfire:

This is her story:
While out hiking in Alberta with my husband, we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere.
She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive.
If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!
Just one shot to my husband's knee cap was all it took.
The bear got him and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.
It's one of the best pistols in my collection.
:bustingup:bustingup:bustingup

would love to squeeze off a few rounds with an ak 47 and ar15. fired off a few rounds in a remmington 44 lever action rifle. didn't think it kicked that hard, but i wound up getting a rather large bruise on my shoulder. didn't hurt, but looked horrible...:eek:

df

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,218 Posts
It had been a long time since I shot any of my shotguns, so a while back my daughter and I got out the 12ga collection and blasted some clays. Belgian Browning Light 12, Winchester 1300 Skeet Grade, Winchester Model 59 ( look that one up! ;) ) and a model 30 Savage pump. After about 5 boxes of shells (and darn few busted clays :( ) I was black and blue. My daughter hit more clay pigeons than I did. :eeps:

381 - 400 of 423 Posts