BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a small guy. The e30 recaro style seats hurt my thighs. Does anyone know if the e36 seats fit in an e30? I can find a lot of e36 seats.:dunno:

·
Registered
174 Posts
any thing can technically fit with modifacation to the brackets.

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
I am not a small guy. The e30 recaro style seats hurt my thighs. Does anyone know if the e36 seats fit in an e30? I can find a lot of e36 seats.:dunno:
i and fcsteve had e36 seats in our e30s. we drilled holes in the floor and bolted them in. they were his, but i have them now, they are the heated power sport seat ones, not sure if the other ones have different widths but they rub against the center console and if your car is stick when you put your car in reverse the shifter rubs against the shift boot and eventually creates a hole. i found that out the hard way. and i want to sell mine. come to pa?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't your reverse left and forward? I can't see how your shift boot would rub against the seat unless you have really short legs and have your seat as far forward as possible. I have a stick and the shifter is no where near my current seat nor does it come to the edge of the console.

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
Isn't your reverse left and forward? I can't see how your shift boot would rub against the seat unless you have really short legs and have your seat as far forward as possible. I have a stick and the shifter is no where near my current seat nor does it come to the edge of the console.
please read.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
please read.
i dont see what you mean either anstead. it does that anyway, nothing to do with what seats are in there

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
i dont see what you mean either anstead. it does that anyway, nothing to do with what seats are in there
your sh*t is fuc|<ed up then. mine doesnt hit with the stock seats in. how hard is it to understand. e36 seats, wider than stock e30 seats, e36 seats rub and push the center console WHICH CAUSES THE SHIFTER TO RUB AGAINST THE BOOT IN THE CENTER CONSOLE. seriously, my 5 year old cousin could have understood that. even the way i first worded it, i said it rubs the shift boot, since when is the shift boot in the seat? (referring to numbnuts up there asking how the shifter rubs the seat)

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
your sh*t is fukced up then. mine doesnt hit with the stock seats in. how hard is it to understand. e36 seats, wider than stock e30 seats, e36 seats rub and push the center console WHICH CAUSES THE SHIFTER TO RUB AGAINST THE BOOT IN THE CENTER CONSOLE. seriously, my 5 year old cousin could have understood that. even the way i first worded it, i said it rubs the shift boot, since when is the shift boot in the seat? (referring to numbnuts up there asking how the shifter rubs the seat)

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
ansteads shifter also has more play then i have ever seen .. aside from ansteads uselessness. my shifter diodnt hit my console when i actually had interior in that car.
you didnt even have an interior.......if you had a center console you notched some part of it so you could put it in gear

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
your sh*t is fukced up then. mine doesnt hit with the stock seats in. how hard is it to understand. e36 seats, wider than stock e30 seats, e36 seats rub and push the center console WHICH CAUSES THE SHIFTER TO RUB AGAINST THE BOOT IN THE CENTER CONSOLE. seriously, my 5 year old cousin could have understood that. even the way i first worded it, i said it rubs the shift boot, since when is the shift boot in the seat? (referring to numbnuts up there asking how the shifter rubs the seat)
well now that you have expanded i know what you mean. my shifter rubs on the side of the console anyways, because im running the 240 box which seem to do that when in reverse.

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
you didnt even have an interior.......if you had a center console you notched some part of it so you could put it in gear
.. i never made a custom center console out of a stock unit with built in cup holders and everything ? really ?

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
.. i never made a custom center console out of a stock unit with built in cup holders and everything ? really ?
another one...please read. "if you had a center console it was notched so you could get into a gear" and i was pretty sure it was reverse.

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
another one...please read. "if you had a center console it was notched so you could get into a gear" and i was pretty sure it was reverse.
wrong. the only center console i had that was notched was the one for my back facing gears, cuz my snapped shifter links were not in their correct places. had to cut it back like 4 times . reverse was never an issue

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
wrong. the only center console i had that was notched was the one for my back facing gears, cuz my snapped shifter links were not in their correct places. had to cut it back like 4 times . reverse was never an issue
i still dont remember you ever having the e36 seats in your car when it wasnt gutted with no center console except for your fiberglass switch box.

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
i still dont remember you ever having the e36 seats in your car when it wasnt gutted with no center console except for your fiberglass switch box.
i had the custom console that was matched with that ****ty speckle paint to the dash. FG switch box was long after that

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You two sound like a married couple! What seats, that are a little more comfortable, does anyone recommend?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts