BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E36 Spark Plugs

25324 12
Which spark plugs work best on a 325i, the single pin, double pin or 4-pin? Thanks guys i advance
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I'm going to have to point you the sticky at the top of the forum about MODS... but here is a piece from it.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205147

2 - Good Spark Plugs
Ok, so you have you good petrol being sprayed into your cylinders, now you need to make sure there is a good spark. The OEM plugs are great but improvements can be made for a small cost.​
The best plugs out there are NGK IRIDIUM IX plugs. They are brilliant and the affects can be felt right away. The car is smother through the rev-range and pulls better at low revs. They are cheap too and should only set you back around 35GBP ($70).​
DONT go for Platinums as they are very problematic and can cause some very strange engine issues. Iridium has a massive melting point and so the electrode gap stays the same no matter how hot or how hard you push your car​
Pirate (Pete)
I am personally using these plugs, and I find that they work very well. They are a single pin plug.
Hope this helps.
Most of us around here feel that the NGK BKR6EK plugs are the best for these engines.

The previous owner of my car had installed iridium plugs in my car, and it had melted off the points on three of them. Not saying that's always going to happen, but it's worth mentioning.
Definitely helps, thanks a mil!
I'm going to have to point you the sticky at the top of the forum about MODS... but here is a piece from it.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205147

I am personally using these plugs, and I find that they work very well. They are a single pin plug.
Hope this helps.
Nothing wrong with the OEM Bosch plugs, either...
I normally use Bosch but there's a guy who put a different brand plugs the one time and the take off was amazing, he wouldn't tell me which brand though, "his secret" he said and he's relocated now and i don't have his details so thanks again guys!
Nothing wrong with the OEM Bosch plugs, either...
The only reason I never recommend Bosch plugs for these cars is that inevitably, someone thinks they know better and uses the + 4 Platinum's. THen we all have to diagnose that crap all over again.
Just get the NGK BKR6EK plugs and be done with it. They're arguably the best plugs you can get for E36s, and fortunately, they're also very affordable.
I will definitely try the NGK BKR6EK, thanks so much
Just get the NGK BKR6EK plugs and be done with it. They're arguably the best plugs you can get for E36s, and fortunately, they're also very affordable.
Will the NGK work with 95 525i e34?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Bimmer App
Can't you just look at your spark plugs under the hood?
The name of the brand and or part # should be on the plug itself. If not, a pic of them may be useful. 🙂
I normally use Bosch but there's a guy who put a different brand plugs the one time and the take off was amazing, he wouldn't tell me which brand though, "his secret" he said and he's relocated now and i don't have his details so thanks again guys!
Welcome to Bimmerfest, and thanks for the valid and helpful input.

But you bumped an 8 year old thread. :unsure:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.