BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find an answer to this - probably because I'm not using the right search terms, so I'm posting this question. My '95 325i 'vert - which actually is now my son-in-law's car now - busted the latch mechanism on the driver's door. I don't know all the details and I can't look at the car myself as they live 600 miles away. I do know that the door won't shut tight and an indy out there wanted to sell them a new part for $300. There is only 1 place here in NH I have found with used parts, and what he has is e36 coupe parts only.
So finally my queston.... will the latching mechanisms on the driver's door from a 4 door e36 or from a 2 door e36 fit into the 'vert door?

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
I'm pretty sure they do, because other than the panels and actual door size, all the mechanisms are the same.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
If you want OEM parts then check out pelicanparts.com. Their prices a pretty low.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response quys. I can pick up an entire used e36 coupe door cheaper than any new part from Pelican, Tisher or any other supplier. I just want to make sure it fits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts