BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

Just replaced my lower radiator hose because it was leaking at the top fitting... It was easy and just had to replace the temp sensor o ring. So my problem was that the lower fitting is now leaking. I will mention that it was a bear to install the lower fitting. Any idea why its leaking or have any tips for me?

Maybe I should remove it and lube the lower and put it back on? Its more of a drip but only if its 85+ outside. Or maybe the hose is bad? was a brand new oem hose.

thanks!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Ya, I'd pull it, make sure it's clean inside and out, a little lube and put it back in. If it still leaks could be a factory problem.

Make sure it's not leaking from just above the hose and it looks like the hose is leaking, or that the male part isn't cracked. Could be a very small crack, look it over well.

Jim

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I ended up sticking my cell phone cam up into the car to inspect the leak and found it was actually a cracked thermostat housing. Bought a mahle branded one on Amazon, swapped it out and boom, no leak!

I was able to loosen the radiator fan with the fan clutch kit, pull the two fan shroud push clips and stick a 2x4 wood chunk between the shroud and the radiator which gave me about 7 inches of room to work with. Easy money and only lost about 32oz of fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts