BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E39 528i 98' I have a huge problem. Every day after around first 15 min of driving, my car start acting weird. Lose throttle almost completly. Always after i go around 2ooo RPM i can hear very loud noise like a vacuum cleaner from the engine if i go higher it is louder and louder. Fuel consumption now is 13.2 miles per gallon and i know this should be a round 22 MPG or even more. I have no power at all. No "check engine light" so i have no idea what to do. Please help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a huge problem. Every day after around first 15 min of driving, my car start acting weird. Lose throttle almost completly. Always after i go around 2ooo RPM i can hear very loud noise like a vacuum cleaner from the engine if i go higher it is louder and louder. Fuel consumption now is 13.2 miles per gallon and i know this should be a round 22 MPG or even more. I have no power at all. No "check engine light" so i have no idea what to do. Please help!

·
Registered
310 Posts
you should check your air filter, see if u have any air leak, try to clean the throtle body, fuel injectores. that it may help, also try to do a complete tune up, (spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter...) befor you spend your money on mechanic. good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I puled out air filter completly and it does the same thing. The point is during fist 10 min driving every morning everything with power is just perfect.

·
Registered
2001 BMW E39 540i Automatic Sedan, 198 K milesmiles
1,960 Posts
In addfition to checking and cleaning the throttle, plugs, fuel injectors..etc... did you check the battery and alternator ?
You may be running battery power over the first 10 minutes of driving in the morning. And then you run out of electric juice because of a weakening or failing, alternator..and hence....

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Did you guys notice your answering a 14 year old post?
Is M4verick79 still around?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts