BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these fitted on my car (see picture) and everybody has commented positively about them! i dont know whether its just UK people or what, but not one person has commented negatively towards them apart from you guys lol oh well... tastes must differ across the pond...

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
danny540bmw said:
I have these fitted on my car (see picture) and everybody has commented positively about them! i dont know whether its just UK people or what, but not one person has commented negatively towards them apart from you guys lol oh well... tastes must differ across the pond...
what did you expect we dont even drive on the same side of the road...:rofl:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe a UK thing or maybe they're being polite; or a combo of both. On this side of the pond we think it detracts from the aesththethics of the e39. The main thing is you like it and that's all that matters.

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
The OP is just fishing for a flame war. He started the "Neon your E39" thread. *ignore* :tsk:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ignore? I was stating something which i thought was interesting thats all, you know this website is all about sharing thoughts, ideas etc....

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
How would all red taillights look on an E39? Some of the e34 guys used to do that with the stock red/amber tails. It looked pretty cool on them.

·
Hawks RULE!
1,166 Posts
Tastes great... less filling - BLOODY HELL!

danny540bmw said:
.... tastes must differ across the pond...
Yes, they do. I prefer my beer COLD. :beerchug:

-Cago

·
Norwegian
304 Posts
I still think it's an okey mod. Maybe it's a UK/US thing. I come from Norway..

The thing I would be afraid of is to get over the edge toward the typical Japaneese styling (read Civics, Lexus and such). Because to me BMW is something uniquely different. As long as tuning is kept within the BMWsphere, everyone that is a BMW enthusiast should respect that. Though defining the exact edges within the BMWsphere might prove somewhat difficult. Even though BMW is trying hard in marketing to tell us exactly what BMW is about. I'd recommend reading "Driven" to find out more.

But BMW do produce original clear taillights for the E60..

Last, I wouldn't care about what anyone says. Alot of people even went out and said the E60/E61 is ugly! Some still do! Stuff grow on people, some just don't realize that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts