BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Im Pedro here in San diego New to this site....i have a 2002 530i and love it! :). Im relacing my foglights with just new ones...the same kind(oem) but i really want some white bulbs or hids... it doesnt look right with my xenon and white piaa angel eyes i have..my question is, does the light bulb have to be h8 or can get something else.. .. any advice would sooooooooooo be appreciated!
-

Attachments

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Go to autolumination.com/headlights.htm for some decent xenon-filled lamps for fogs that are a great match for HID. Especially the blue Excelite brand. They do not last as long as halogens but they are inexpensive and match very nicely. My wife has HIDs on her Saab, and they match nicely without having to try to install an HID fog system, which is more expensive than it's worth. I have H7 fogs in mine, but you say H8; though yours is a newer e39 than mine. I don't know if they have H8, but you can get an inexpensive harness on that site or even at Autozone if necessary.

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)

thanks for the lookup, autolumination has alot of choices. But my thing is that if i put another bulb that is NOT h8... will it burn it out... i had a buddy fry his bmw's brain just by connecting the battery in backwards..sooo im just a Tad worried.. if i short out anything.... ... and i see that H8 bulbs are hard to find... unless i get them from the dealer... im just using the OEM foglight set...but .... just want something HID... for a blub.... just for eye candy :) and the love of my ride!

here 2 more pics of my ride and roomies 01 525... in jet black...
-

Attachments

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
All electronics of course work off of the 12v power source, including lighting, but there is definitely a difference in the type of resistor for the different bulb applicatons. You probably couldn't fit H7s if you really need H8s, anyway even if you tried, due to differences in the plug. But I think that you should be able to find an adapter/harness fairly cheap that will allow you to use other bulbs.

BTW, nice rides! (Though it looks like you just got the third strike across your face on "Family Feud"!)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey what's up... do you normally hang around the IB area? I see a car just like yours on the north 5 near in Del Mar almost everyday.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
brnclwn , why are there big black X's on your face?

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:)

Welll i got a lil XX happy... maybe i should been XXX yeahhhhh ahah, i dont exactly have a photoshop...soo i used what i used...heheh and im usualy in the southbay...to answer the other question.....once in a while im up on oceanside...and i was at the del mar fair...sooo unless u saw my white bmw speeding thru on the 5.
......... and thanks for the light tips...
-p

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how?

they are the PIAA angel eye plug ins.....cost me like 120 out of bavauto...but they dont carry them anymore.they are not bright at all in the day light..but...nice at night...

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I've used bavauto.com a number of times. They are a high-end distributor of BMW parts and assessories. They are highly trustworthy. One time I received a part that turned out to be defective and they took it back, no questions asked, and even reimbursed shipping. I don't know what their policy is on international shipping, but you can probably send them an email to find out. They have been very responsive to me in the past.

·
Brnclwn
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bavauto.com

they are good, i've used them like 5 times and no complaints..and they ship fairly quick...im satisfied...but im always wanting more.....and they even give you instructions on how to install..or you an always call them up. soo yup!:bigpimp:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts