BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im picking up an 87 325e coupe... Its a 5 speed.. black leather sport interior silver exterior. Its a bit of a scab but alittle elbow grease will help alot... Just wondering some things I should look for when I get it. Where does the 325 e stand as far as desirabilty... Ill post pics soon

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
desirability isnt high but the gas mileage is. Its a great starter E30. The timing belt needs to be replaced and a general tune up done. Sounds like a very nice looking E. I like the black on silver combo

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats the e stand for... ?

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
"efficient" 2.93 rear end if im not mistaken. Did i mention these things have torque?
lower RPM and higher speed on the freeway.
Its also a 2.7 as opposed to the 2.5l 325I

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow you know your stuff.... Is this ok for minor suspension mods and daily beatings for work commute? Need something to zip in and out of traffic. Needs lowered and needs wheels.. I have a set of 15" rota slipstreams from a civic i used to have... 4X100 i think they may work... would like to set it on the ground and tighten it up a bit.. runs awesome..needs an exhaust. Newer clutch in it recent oil change.. Alittle rust on the pass fender.. Im gettin it from a guy in my neighborhood for 400 bucks.. cant pass it up.. Interior is immaculate. No tears... or anything... it WAS broken into and needs plastics where the radio was.. and a cd player or I may fab up a plate and scratch a stereo..

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my 325es. If I want to drive super fast, then I'll drive the 330. Here's a spreadsheet I made up of stuff I've bought for my 325, to include part numbers.

The 2.7L motor is a really good motor. Recently, I took it on a 1800-1900 mile roundtrip to Colorado, and only used 1/2 quart of oil (take into consideration the motor has over 247k miles on it) for the whole trip.

Daniel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts