1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone
first....please forgive my ignorance.
i have an e39 1997 528i.....
the leather seat in my car is in a bad condition..there is scratch and cracks but no tears ...the color is beige
i tried to find a color match leather repair kit..but it's so confusing and i'm not sure which one
will match the seat......the question is.
is there a color code for the leather seat?????and if not can any one help me to find a good
kit to restore the seat......???

much obliged
Aras

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Enter your VIN here:
http://bimmer.work/
this will bring up the BMW color code.

People sometimes respray all the seats and doors if they can't match the color.

·
Nothing to read here...
2,694 Posts
There is an online vendor that sells repair kits but yeah all you do is enter your year and date. I think ecs might also have some inventory

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not sure if there is a color code # for beige seats. Most likely it's just called sandbeige. Try www.realoem.com. Enter your VIN, pick the seat image, and scroll down to upholstery. They all say ENDED, meaning they don't make them anymore. Try junk yards, ebay, etc.
There are leather patch/repair kits. Search this forum, I've seen them.
The bottom wears more than the upright portion and you can buy replacement leather (pre-cut) for the bottom. Either give the whole seat to a repair shop or separate the back from the base and they'll take it from there. You can do it yourself; not sure how easy of a DIY it is. If the leather is that bad off, consider replacing the foam underneath, too.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts