BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
totally
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search here and an e60 board and only found similar questions without a clear answer.

Are the e60 and e39 hubs the same, so that a wheel designed for an e39 5 series (specifically, the 18" softline Alpinas, or the HRE 540R) will work on an e60 5 series?

Any tips are appreciated :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
528i said:
Did a search here and an e60 board and only found similar questions without a clear answer.

Are the e60 and e39 hubs the same, so that a wheel designed for an e39 5 series (specifically, the 18" softline Alpinas, or the HRE 540R) will work on an e60 5 series?

Any tips are appreciated :)
The E60 went back to the smaller 72.5mm hub bore, so you at least need centering rings. To be sure of fitment, its best to check directly with the wheel manufacturer or dealer of that wheel brand to see if they know of any other fitment issues with their wheel on the new E60 such as brake clearance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this forum and have been searching to try to find my answer but have not been succesful. I currently drive a 2006 525xi and will need winter rims, I used to drive a 2003 530i and still have the 16 in winter rims I used for the winter. I have been told that the 2003 E39 rims are not compatible with my E60 525xi can you please confirm if that is the case, thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts