BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E39 Rims & Tires & Ride Height & Underbody PICTURE ALBUM (Please POST Yours Here)

I think e39 forum needs a thread like this.

This will be called the

E39 RIMS & RIDE HEIGHT & UNDERBODY PICTURE ALBUM

This album will allow people to not only look at various wheel choices in close-ups, but also tires, ride heights, ground clearance, and bug's eye view photo of the front and rear suspension.

If you've got an E39, including completely stock E39s, please contribute to the album following the guidelines below.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. Describe your setup along with your message. Include what kind of wheels, tires, suspension, and whatever measurements you may have of your setup, and your experience with them.

2. Upload 1 picture of one of your front wheel's fender gap

3. Upload 1 picture of one of your rear wheel's fender gap

4. Upload 1 picture by taking a shot with the camera on the ground right in the front of the car.

5. Upload 1 picture by taking a shot with the camera on the ground right in the rear of the car.

6. Upload 1 side shot of the car, or whatever pic of your car you like in this 5th slot.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you can photochop some of your pictures to look nice, bright, clear...:thumbup:

Thanks in advnace to all contributors of this album... THANKS:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I Will Begin...

Look at these pictures as examples as to how to take your pictures...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've just got new M6 Style 18 x 8 Miro Wheels and Falken 245/40 tires combo for $1399 shipped to my door, and I bolted them on today to replace my old OEM Style 32 18 Stags.

My style 32 oem with tires were 46 pounds with little thread left
I was told by the shop person that m6 style miro wheels are 21 pounds, and tires are about 25, so I expected no performance loss. I got the wheels, and weighed them, and found that the rim/tire combo is 47 pounds with full thread, so I'm thinking it's the same.

It definitely feels good to look at them, and it raised my ride height because of diameter increase, and filled the fender gaps. I like that it was raised a bit it because It used to scraped a little bit at my front lip couple of times in steep hills. I have FK Konigsport Coilovers, and they're set up with fender gaps as seen in the pictures. The ground clearance of the rubber mount in the suspension assembly is 5 inches currently, and so is the front lip ground clearance. At the rear, It is also 5 inches of ground clearance at gas tank. As you may have guessed, this is not such a good setup for a 4 door sedan. It is completely level as far as the chassis goes, and the body is leaning back a little bit. I'm going to raise rears so that when there are rear pasengers, It won't look even more leaned back.

I plan to raise the rears a little bit, as you might be able to tell from the pictures, I had these setup so that the suspension arms ever so slightly bent downwards, and this made it so that the rears went down pretty low. so I'm going raise the rears about 3/4 inch, and then install side skirts, and rear aprons, and replace side mirrors in few a days. I will post again then.

But for this time, this hopefully this will help people get an idea of what a post should look like... Maybe not as long...:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
"old" Style 32 17's...

e39Breyton...are you getting rid of your Style 32's, I know this is not the forum...if so, possible asking price? And would they fit my 97 528i?

Thanks...New rims are SWEET!:thumbup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rlwilliams3 said:
e39Breyton...are you getting rid of your Style 32's, I know this is not the forum...if so, possible asking price? And would they fit my 97 528i?

Thanks...New rims are SWEET!:thumbup:
If you want to buy my old style 32's, PM me, don't dilute, pollute the album.
and since you've already done wrong,
it'll be nice if you take pictures of your car and contribute to the album...
I do plan to sell them, so pm me if anyone is interested. Please don't post here though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to post that I have finalized my suspension setting.

Front - 26 inches
Rear - 25.5 inches

Ground clearance front 5 inches
Ground clearance rear 5.5 inches

with Full tank of gas.

Hope this helps someone, as I looked everywhere for some good references, and found none...

This set up is pretty much perfect for me. If I lived in cali, or florida, I'd go down to 4 inch ground clearance, and 4.5 inch in rear, but I live in Upstate New York, and we get inches and inches of snow...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts