BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have owned my 2005 E46 330i for about two years now. I think it is time for an upgrade to the big boy E46 M3 :thumbup:. I am looking at the convertibles to enjoy the California weather. The new M3's are a little too pricey for me at the moment, but a used E46 is just what I am looking for. Are there any MUST haves when it comes to buying a M3 as far as options, color combinations? :dunno: Also, if you guys have any feedback, or any pros or cons to this upgrade, please fire away. Thanks!

·
humanum est errare
652 Posts
+1 on the heated seats.

HIDs

On the color combo's, I think CB on Cinn is excellent. AW on Cinn or IR is also a nice combo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congratulations on this move!..:)....there are many things to consider, especially price and the history of the car...but I woulddnot look past 2004 [2003.5] for a model year, as this is potentially the better choice...I have always avoided any modded cars, as they could have problems...so, look for a 2004 and up stock model, something with one owner so the history can be traced...and my preference for color is one that will not look dirty too quickly [black is a problem]..so silver grey metallic and black interior are the most practical...worked for me!

2004 silver grey/black/stock/20k miles...:thumbup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, all good points. My current 330i is silver. I love that color because even when its dirty, it looks clean. I am thinking to go with silver again. Can't go wrong with that color. As for the interior, I was thinking either black or red. I will definitely have to get the seat heaters and the HID's. Do you guys like how tint looks on convertibles? My current windows on my 330i have 15% on front two and 5% on back three. I've regreted not going darker on the front. I was thinking to go ahead and do 5% all the way around on the convertible M3. I like it dark, but will it look bad? Thanks for all the input guys. Keep the helpful comments flowing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Heated seats, aim for 2004+, Alpine White, cinnamon, black or black/red seats, HID

I've always found that M3's look so much cleaner and better with no tint. Of course, that's if you can deal with the heat coming in the car - however, the white color should offset the temperature of the car anyhow.

Cheers for your new M3, its ridiculous.

·
Registered
65 Posts
how about an carbon black m3??? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heated seats! SMG. AC Schnitzer exhaust (you can add that one later)

Put good tires on it. Really give it a good test drive. When i was looking for mine I tested 5 others. A couple had some weird (less responsive) steering issues, like they had been curbed.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts