BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every bimmers fans!!!
I'm gonna pick up my first bimmer this weekend. This road beast is the E46 318i SE black, 18" alli, 225 front, 255 rear tyres... Rear spoiler... Xenon lights... :banana: Can't wait....
The current owner said that the AirCon heat (fan speed) resistor needs replasing... I'm going to do it my self (don't let any one tuch this buty :nono: ) Have found on this forum how to do it on 5th series, is it different from 3rd bimmer? Is any description how to do it? What is the part number?
Thank's! :thumbup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2001 330i...does anyone know if this is something that would be covered by a CPO warranty? I've read the warranty, but it's pretty vague.

·
Registered
110 Posts
wow that was great writeup and alot of help, i just changed it in like 25-30min, great tip on what to watch out for aswell. all i could add to it is make sure you have extra long torx cause my 1/4 with long extension had trouble getting in there, but i managed..
thank you for posting that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Final Stage resisting replaced for my 325I 2001 E46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to all of yo, this is a great forum. I was having some problems with my heating and cooling fan when my car was off. This issue was driving me insane as the battery was dying on me every morning. I searched that problem that I found the solution here , it was very helpful I managed to get the Final Stage at the dealer and able to replace myself, I am a chick so It was a little bit challenging as I needed to remove the Glove Compartment and the space was very uncomfortable. I saved my self a lot of money , If I would had bring my car to the " stealer" it would had cost me around $ 400. I am so proud that I did it . The problem has been resolved.
Thank you all this place is great
Maria :thumb up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts