BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the garage and went out of the car to get something I left in the house, but after I closed the door (I left the key inside). Then all the door automatically went to locked position. My spare keys were left inside the car. To cut the story short, I had to break my car's quarter glass with a stone so i can open the door.

Question is "what happened?" What's wrong with my car?

·
Coupe OR Never
1,446 Posts
kenjin_21 said:
I was in the garage and went out of the car to get something I left in the house, but after I closed the door (I left the key inside). Then all the door automatically went to locked position. My spare keys were left inside the car. To cut the story short, I had to break my car's quarter glass with a stone so i can open the door.

Question is "what happened?" What's wrong with my car?
Very strange!.. I thought about possibility of being locked many times since I don't even have a spare key:) but found that it is almost impossible. Even if the key is not in the ignition, the locks won't engage, door lock button will not function while the driver's door is open.
I didn't understand how this happened to you...
What year and model is your car? Do you have an alarm?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.