BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hershey
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 325xi with 17x7 and 17x8. I've been searching and searching for an answer. I downloaded a tire app and from what I found the best sizes are F 205/50/17, R 225/45/17. Currently I'm running F 225/45/17, R 245/40/17. But the other setup seems to be a closer match. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,234 Posts
I have an 03 325xi with 17x7 and 17x8. I've been searching and searching for an answer. I downloaded a tire app and from what I found the best sizes are F 205/50/17, R 225/45/17. Currently I'm running F 225/45/17, R 245/40/17. But the other setup seems to be a closer match. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Your current setup is the correct sizing. :thumbup:

Read the E46 Wiki !

·
Hershey
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but with the new setup there is a 2.5mm difference in diameter and just under 7mm in circumference as were the old setup is a 7.5 mm in diameter and 20mm difference in circumference. That seems like a lot is I'm trying to keep them as close as possible.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,234 Posts
Yes but with the new setup there is a 2.5mm difference in diameter and just under 7mm in circumference as were the old setup is a 7.5 mm in diameter and 20mm difference in circumference. That seems like a lot is I'm trying to keep them as close as possible.
So WHAT ??? It`s no BFD....that`s why they call it "Staggered" !

·
Hershey
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually it is a BFD! I have an AWD! Not just RWD. If I'm over a 4% difference it'll completely wipeout my drivetrain.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,234 Posts
Actually it is a BFD! I have an AWD! Not just RWD. If I'm over a 4% difference it'll completely wipeout my drivetrain.
If you`re gonna be such a Nervous Nancy about it, just sell those staggered wheels and replace them with a square setup ! :tsk: :rofl: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
459 Posts
When I used to work at a ford dealership we wouldn't install tires on an AWD vehicle unless they were all identical size tires. You can majorly screw up your entire drivetrain. I'm not sure what sizes you need. Just my two cents.

·
Hershey
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually have rolled fenders and a set of SSR GT3 wheels but 2 inner barrels have split and are needing repaired. They are a staggered setup as well tho. 18x8 front and 18x9 rear. Eventually I'll get em repaired bc they look awesome on the car. Right now I'm running 17" M3 wheels till then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts