BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my wife a 2007 328i (with sport package :thumbup:) yesterday. In researching the vehicle I read a couple different e90 forums. I was expecting to find almost as much info as we have for our e46s but boy was I wrong! Maybe I just haven't stumbled across the right forum yet... :dunno: I'm hoping as the e90s age more info will become available.

I still have my 2001 325i with 197,xxx miles, it's running great and I owe it all to the wonderful e46 community! Thanks to all of you who have responded to my questions, taken the time to create diys and encouraged us non-mechanically inclined to give it a go. I appreciate everything y'all have done!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Some of these guys can pretty much tell ya how to completly tear an E46 down and then screw it back together.

My wife has a 2009 328, and once in a while I'll check out the E90 forum. They spend a lot of time talking about what color they have.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks for the tip on e90post.com! I can't get the brake warning light to go off on my wife's 07 after replacing the brakes, and none of the e90 forums I've found have a clue.

Yeah, most E90 forums are a joke. If anyone want a real laugh, check out the E90 wiki sometime. If for some reason you can't find it here, go to Webster's; it's right next to the word "pathetic."

·
Super Moderator
14,972 Posts
If anyone want a real laugh, check out the E90 wiki sometime. If for some reason you can't find it here, go to Webster's; it's right next to the word "pathetic."
Yeah, it's on my to do list :(

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's filled with valuable info on how to find an interior color that matches your purse and shoes...

I shouldn't be too hard on E90 owners, being one myself. They're just not generally owned by a lot of hard core car enthusiasts, the kind who don't mind getting a little grease under their fingernails once in awhile.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I think the E46 Wiki is fabulous! It helps with many routine maintenance and repair tasks.

In all fairness, most E90's are still under factory warranty. If your car has a problem, take it to the dealer, and it gets fixed free. So there is not yet the demand for a lot of DIY information. I think you will see a change in the forum as the E90 cars age and go out of warranty.

:drive:

·
Function over fashion
887 Posts
I think the E46 Wiki is fabulous! It helps with many routine maintenance and repair tasks.

In all fairness, most E90's are still under factory warranty. If your car has a problem, take it to the dealer, and it gets fixed free. So there is not yet the demand for a lot of DIY information. I think you will see a change in the forum as the E90 cars age and go out of warranty.

:drive:
Very true; look at the e30 forum. When's the last time there was a thread about a dealer?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For the record her car is titansilber (ie titanium silver). :p And yes, color is surprisingly important to them for some reason.

The car is out of warranty so dealer service is not in my plans. I was fortunate to get all of the dealer maintenance records from the po. So far Malibu's suggestion (e90post.com) is hands down the best resource for e90s that I've found.

This forum has spoiled me was the point of my op.

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's true about E90s still being covered under warrantee, and therefore not having a wide DIY following. But I did find e90fest to be by far the best E90 forum I've run into yet.

Speaking of wiki's, I was also surprised to find the E36 wiki to not be particularly informative. The E46 wiki is by far the best one I've ever run across.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.